Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Or Mk7? And Engine Cover?

paul243

Hi

First post!

I have just bought a Fiesta 1.2 zetec 58 plate first registered January 2009 for my daughter, is this a MK6 or MK7 model?

Also when I first viewed the engine it had an engine cover fitted,(I think it had the word" duratec" or similar on it. However when I opened the bonnet after collecting the car, no engine cover!

The dealer (main Ford) is trying to tell me that "some had a cover,some didn't"

Before I take it further with the dealer I would like to be armed with the correct facts.

Can anyone please advise, any suggestions welcome!

Many thanks.

If it's the current model selling now most people call it a MK7.

IIRC most do not come with engine covers, only Titaniums I believe?

If it's the current model selling now most people call it a MK7.

IIRC most do not come with engine covers, only Titaniums I believe?

Zetec s also has engine cover

Zetec s also has engine cover

Mine doesn't, I also know a lot of ZS owners that don't.

Mine doesn't.

They may have removed it during the service and just not bothered refitting it.

It isn't a duratec engine anyway, it's a zetec-se iirc rebadged.

not sure if the sigma had an engine cover per se, just a standard rocker cover. if it is of any help to anyone, my TDCI 95 has an engine cover. to be honest all it does is vibrate in the bottom right hand corner, because it has no support. serves no purpose other than to annoy imo

out of curiosity how many people have sound proofing under the bonnet? i noticed mine has it recently but im sure it wasnt there before its service :blink: either i am going mad or the ford garage fitted it without my knowledge :ph34r:

out of curiosity how many people have sound proofing under the bonnet? i noticed mine has it recently but im sure it wasnt there before its service :blink: either i am going mad or the ford garage fitted it without my knowledge :ph34r:

I have soundproofing under my bonnet.

maybe its inception! someone planted the memory of not having soundproofing to make me think "oh my friendly ford dealer did me a favour" so i will buy a spare diamondbrite aftercare pack :lol:

I have soundproofing but no engine cover.....

Are there benefits to having an engine cover?

I have soundproofing but no engine cover.....

Are there benefits to having an engine cover?

Pure engine bling.

Keeps the engine clean? Ish?

I have an engine cover on mine, as well as the sound-proofing. Diesel ZS.

What are we discussing here.

Is it the cover at the bottom of the engine

Is it the cover that sits on top of the engine

Is it the cover that fits onto the underside of the bonnet

If you buy a car mower days without soundproofing on the bonnet it's a heap of she-aye-eet lol. And the engine cover is just there to make the engine look pretty. I wouldn't worry mate

i read somewhere that some underbonnet linings are made from fire retardant and fitted on plastic pegs intentionally designed to melt in the case of an engine fire and fall onto the engine, smothering the flames...

If you buy a car mower days without soundproofing on the bonnet it's a heap of she-aye-eet lol. And the engine cover is just there to make the engine look pretty. I wouldn't worry mate

Not really.

By your logic we could say if you buy a decent car the engine should be refined enough and the cabin segregated enough it isn't required.

Not really.

By your logic we could say if you buy a decent car the engine should be refined enough and the cabin segregated enough it isn't required.

The only point that will arrive at is when we are all driving electric cars. You misunderstand me I think

Not too bothered about the lack of a cover, but it was there when I viewed the car and gone when I got it home! And suprise suprise, the service manager is not returning my calls!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club