Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone 4 Bluetooth + Sony Dab/cd Stereo

Haylo714

Hi,

So I got a new titanium model focus the other day - px'd my old zetec model. Got a 1.6 petrol 2011 focus titanium.

This new one has the sony DAB/CD bluetooth usb etc headunit. Had issues to start with the car not reading the songs etc when streaming but quickly resolved with the USB update (did this 2 days ago). However, when I get in the car I still have to tell my phone to connect to the bluetooth again! Everytime. I can turn the stereo on/off and it will then connect but it should really be seemless.

What I want to know is wether or not it is a known issue or is it just my particular car or phone? They bond fine, everything works - it is just that it will not automitcally pair when the car is turned on. The stereo sits at "Searching...." for the phone, but unless I turn it off and on or tell the phone to connect now it will not do anything.

Thanks.

No there is no option but it does auto connect to other BT devices when it comes near them - so don't see why it doesnt with my car.

I've tried re-bonding, and also factory reset phone to see if that makes a difference. It doesn't. :( The phone is new aswell, so I know theres not a hardware issue with the phone.

Somebody else has to be using an iPhone 4 on ios 5 with the same unit- would love to hear from them about whether or not it works.

i am having bother playing my i phone 3gs with the usb port, with the BT the conection seams to get lost alot.