Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bg244 - Fuel System Cleaner

s.jsutton

Hi Again.

Have now tried this stuff out and have got to say I am impressed.

I had two injectors replaced when I first got the car and on Friday morning I was panicking, the car had developed a noticeable misfire on cold start up I was thinking that one of the other two injectors was on the way out. :angry:

When I got in to work the can of BG244 fuel system cleaner that I had ordered a couple of days earlier had been delivered.

Car misfiring again at lunchtime - cleared again with a little spin up the road and back.

Put it in the tank and filled up with diesel that evening on the way home from work.

Did approx 30 miles that evening and on start up Saturday morning [frosty and cold] there was no misfire, a few more miles during Saturday and when started Sunday morning [in the snow] no misfire and noticeably quieter and smoother tick over.

Remains to be seen if it makes any difference on the mpg, but all in all well impressed so far.

:)

:)

Here's a link to the eBay page, anyone with with rough idle / injector problems on a diesel may save themselves some money by trying this out before seeing a mechanic.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BG244-Professional-Grade-Diesel-Injector-Engine-/200701469611?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item2ebabd63ab#ht_1793wt_1091

regards

Simon

Was your tank empty. I just had some arrive but I've already got half a tank of diesel in there lol

i WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU'L GET AWAY WITH HALF A TANK.

TIP IT IN AND THEN FILL UP TO TOP.

DIESEL GOING IN SHOULD MIX IT UP PRETTY WELL.

REGARDS

SIMON

Thought so as it all mixes anyway. I'll do this in the morning I think.

Dave

I put some in yesterday morning and ive done about 40 miles, i had a half tank of diesel in there already, noticed last night it started to idle a bit better but then when back to being bad as we got off the motorway. I think becuase i had a half tank of diesel then it will take longer for it to work, slight increase of power when the turbo kicks in though.

Will keep you posted :)

yesterday she ran perfect, but this morning she went back to "hunting" i hope over the next few days as this cleaner works its way through then it should start to get better.

I too suffered with a lumpy idle on my 2004 TDCi 115 Mistral and found using Millers Oils Diesel Power Ecomax made a big difference. Even during this cold weather she now idles both cold and warm at about 760rpm. The stuff is also only about £12 a bottle and will treat 10 tanks. I use it on every 3rd fill and have just finished my first bottle. It stinks tho so don't keep the bottle in the car.

I have other issues with my mondeo :-(

Me too mate, its defiantly running better after BG244 but there is still a miss fire somewhere