Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do!

Bigdaddycain

Hi all! :)

Newbie here by the name of Ste... I'm from Wigan in lancs (but i'm not keen on pies oddly enough) :blink:

I'm 41, and have been a dedicated FORD nut for many, many years ;)

I currently have a mk2 Focus, the "sensible" TDCI estate, (it's titanium spec though) 2.0 litre, with the 6 speed box, finished in sea grey... It's my 5th focus thus far, and i'm made up with her. She's now nudging 180,000 miles, and has needed nowt but the usual service parts, plus the dreaded new clutch and DMF last year :unsure: I'm getting 53.5 MPG as an average, and i've no plans to replace her just yet... If i can squeeze a quarter of a million miles out of her, i'll be a happy bunny!

( one of my previous TDDI focus estate had 334,000 on the clock before i part exed her against a slightly newer TDCI Ghia estate)

Here's my lil' baby when i first got her...

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

I've had a bit of a play with her since then, but i don't suppose anybody would be interested in a modified grey estate smoking diesel would they? :o

• Like 1

Hi mate, welcome to the club.

We're all nosy and like mucking about with mods.

Happy to hear all about the car and any modifications or plans for the future.

Hi Stoney, and thanks ;) I'm after a little bit more grunt from the old smoker really... I've been toying with the idea of a re-map, but there's so much choice isn't there? :blink:

I suppose i'm after the best of both worlds really... The driveability of the standard car, more power, but no smoke... The chap i sold my last TDCI to had a re-map done to it, it made more power, but started to smoke, and somehow managed to blow the intercooler! I hope tuning my trusty steed won't open a can of worms... :wacko:

• Like 1

Me on a "parts run" in my previous TDCI Estate... Maybe the bits in the car will give a few hints as to where the body mods are going....

stbumper2.jpg

stbumper.jpg

My last TDCI estate....

DSC00938.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00940.jpg

• Like 1

The day after i bought her... Simon at Alexanders bodyshop starts stripping... (the car that is) :o

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01026-1.jpg

• Like 1

I take it you like the ST look?

More power and better fuel economy can be gained with a remap, better air filter and a better exhaust.

Decats are a possible but obviously knack the M.O.T.

I had a Bluefin tune by itself and gained 35bhp with no apparent increase in smoking, emissions or loss of fuel economy - if anything economy improved a little bit.

Thinking of new filter and custom exhaust maybe if i can swing it past the missus.

Hi Stoney, thanks for the tips! ;)

Excuse the late response, i got called in to work for a few 15 hour shifts :blink:

Yup, i do like the ST look... I needed a decent sized family motor, with a diesel engine for economy, but the 5 year old range motors in my budget lacked a little, shall we say... street credibility! :huh:

Most of the body mods were straight up paint then bolt on affairs, but the rear bumper presented something of a problem (there was nothing decent available "off the shelf" to give that ST look) So a bumper fusion was on the cards B)

Part original estate bumper (upper) Part ST rear bumper (lower) With a chopped up Peugeot bumper to create the side infills (the estate bumper is longer than the ST on the sides) My bodyshop guy spent a solid ten days creating the new "frankenstein" rear bumper, it's strengthened in all the right places, with custom built new bumper mounts/frames, and has held together pretty well since it's creation (though i do have to be careful as it's pretty low now at the back :blink:

Hope you like?

DSC01031-1.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

• Like 1

A few more piccies during the "creation" stage...

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

Brand new set of alloys, stripped of paint, re-finished in a brighter silver, then rainbow flip metalflake added to the lacquer (the piccies don't really show the flake)

DSC01147.jpg

A decal/wrapping mate of mine lines the inner painted arches with a stonechip guard...

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

Then knocks up some bespoke subtle decals for the tailgate....

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

• Like 1

Up on the ramps for a new custom built twin stainless exhaust....

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

Note the ST220 near my car, at the time it was engine-less awaiting a twin turbo lump from a noble!

DSC01244.jpg

A set of Eibachs were ordered from my local FORD dealer of all places! In fact, many new parts were cheaper than 2nd hand bits... Original ford ST style spoiler for the estate (ford of germany) £122 inc vat. LHD rear light cluster £50 ish inc vat, ST sideskirts etc, all from my local ford dealer! I got my bumpers second hand, and trawled across the country to collect them... If i'd gone to my ford dealer it would have cost me about a tenner more for brand new bumpers, plus i'd have saved a day of my life! :wacko:

• Like 1

the estate looks excellent mate,

i really like what you have done with the vynil decal on the rear looks sweet,

you may like my guide on installing the ST dash pod and the additional reverse light, they are all in the list below.

Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here

Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here

Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

I had a play with the ST badges on the front wings... I filed out the inner creases of the "ST" carefully so light could pass through... They now glow orange when the lights are on, and flash a brighter orange with the corresponding indicators....

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

Ford Fair...

FordFair2010021.jpg

FordFair2010263.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

Tinted number plates and DMB Metallic grey GEL overlays....

DSC01483.jpg

The plates were a tad "overtinted" for my taste... This was cured by leaving them under my mate's sunbed for an hour... (the U.V rays lightened the tint enough for the bobbies not to tug me every two minutes! B) )

DSC01483.jpg

DSC00066-5.jpg

DSC00067-5.jpg

DSC00062-5.jpg

DSC00061-5.jpg

• Like 1

the estate looks excellent mate, i really like what you have done with the vynil decal on the rear looks sweet, you may like my guide on installing the ST dash pod and the additional reverse light, they are all in the list below. Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

Cheers Lenny... I've already done the extra reverse light mate, plus two rear fogs in the rear light clusters (the right hand rear lamp is from a LHD german estate)

DSC00143-2.jpg

But i'm VERY interested in the ST clocks! Mine's the titanium spec focus, so has a sort of hydraulic lift panel where the ST clocks should be... I'm hoping i can keep the lift panel, but somehow graft the clock binnacle on top of it, so it's still got a usefull cubby for storing my phone charger etc....

I fitted these plasma dials into my Ford Freda, hopefully i can use these type dials to compliment a lockwood speedo kit (when they make one for the diesel that is)

(gauges above the head unit)

DSC00201-2.jpg

• Like 1

Nice ST custom estate project mate! Looks good.

Welcome to FOC.

Wow cool 'sport wagon', looks great!

Paul :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club