Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Bluetooth Module

Myley

Hi all!

Had to take my car back to Ford today due to aux in/Bluetooth/voice control no longer working. They have diagnosed the module to be faulty and have quoted £350 to supply and install a replacement. The car is now 9 days out of warranty and they (the dealer and Ford direct!) have decided they will neither cover it under warranty or offer any sort of help.

Anyway I'm not here to !Removed! about that (much lol) my question is:

A) can someone link me to somewhere that could supply me with a replacement module - and is the garage correct in saying each individual module has to be coded to the specific vehicle? I was under the impression that as I already have BT/aux etc that it would be plug and play, no programming required.

B) I'd like stereo bluetooth (which I know requires the higher level module) if I'm going to have to buy another module anyway , is the higher level one roughly the same price?

The dealer I got my car from was EMG bury St Edmunds. They quoted m a price to fix it, but would not give me a breakdown of costs at all. They said it was impossible, which made me wonder how they could possibly arrive at an accurate quote in the first place. Anyway, just thought I'd ask for a second opinion from you guys!

~M

I'd get a second opinion from another Ford garage but it might be worth writing to Auto Express or someone, they are good at fighting your corner and usually get things sorted as "good will"

Swapping like-for-like modules should be plug'n'play. It want you USB+Bluetooth streaming audio (music) you can install the module for it but requires car to be reprogrammed by someone with access to Ford laptop, IDS & VCM.

Also the USB modules are like hens teeth so good luck ;) I have one of the standard bluetooth modules, PM me if interested.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club