Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Labour Charges For A 1.6 Zetec Clutch

alex801

hi.

noticed the clutch on my 2000 registered ford focus 1.6 zetec has a high biting point

going to have it replaced as a precaution, its not slipping yet but i dont want it to get

to that point, my question is does anyone one no how many hours labour the job is?

not going to a dealership just be one of the local small garages nearby but dont want

ripping off

i had the 1.8 done at ford for 200 ish that was clutch pressure plate and slave cylinder labour and vat.

make sure you get a clutch kit fitted and not just the clutch itself

on the mk1 1.6 its not that a big job. I was just about to do mine and was allowing about 4 or 5 hours. According to the local clutch man, he could do it on the drive in 2 or 3 hours.

thanks thats not so bad, iv got a old school freind whos a mechanic. he done a vectra gsi clutch for me in his garage

( garage at the the side of his house) not a working car garage. he done it as a guvy over the weekend. might try and catch him. not seen the lad for a few year tho

and 2-3 hours? guess that would come in at about £100 from a litte garage charging £30-35 an hour labour

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club