Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Can You Identify This

NorthSussex

Under my drivers seat (2008 Titanium) is a cable running to a small black box attached to the frame of the seat, it’s about the size of a pack of cigarettes, there is a small chrome button, which looks like a push switch. Any ideas what this is and what it’s used for? Can’t find it in the book

Sounds to me like a connection for a CD changer to be installed...

In the older models, you used to get a plastic funnel type of cable tidy that came out of the ground like a scoop, and then splits into five.

is their cables leading from the box to the seat mate?

because their is a weight sensor in the seats that tells the dash to beep at you if your not wearing your seat belt while driving,

and their is also air bags fitted in the sides of the seats which need power to deploy.

and since your model is a titanium you may also have heated seats.

Hi Lenny,

Radio fitted is a single Sony CD unit; no heated seat switches on dash, no leads coming from the black box. The lead going to it comes from under the carpet through a flexible plastic conduit and goes into the box. I do not want to push what looks like a switch on the box, it may be an ejector seat!

lmao :D or some emergency flares

do you want me to check mine for the same box mate?

Hi Lenny,

Thanks that would be a good idea, it's mounted on the metalwork uner the seat at the fromt by the drivers door.

Cheers.

Now the snow has gone I have had another look at this black box, there is also another box the same attached to the passenger seat, what I thought was a chrome switch is not a switch but a chrome bolt; As the car doesn’t have heated seats it’s unlikely to be for them, my guess is it may be something to do with the seat belt reminder sensor. Any other ideas?

I'll take a look on mine tomorrow , as mine has the heated seats , yours may have the wiring but not the seats if thats what it is , or like Lenny says, seat belt or Airbag control

I have been told by the man who knows that “the boxes contain sockets for seats, seatbelt pretensioners/side airbags/elec adjustment/heated seats plugs etc”. "There should be a tab that allows you to "open" the box to have a look".

As I am of the opinion that “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” I am going to leave it alone, because in the past I have lived to regret fiddling with thing just out of curiosity.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Yes i would say he is correct ,as this is either the Airbag or Heated seat control box.

Mine has 3 sets of wire's coming out of the back leading to various parts of the underside of the seat.

20120212142359.jpg

20120212142423.jpg

Cheers Paul,

I tried to attach a photo to my original post as you have but failed; How do you attach photos to a post? The image icon only has the option to link to a URL.

When you are making a post , bottom right is "More Reply Options" , click this and you will then have the full editor and able to upload Images and add them to the post you will have 10mb of free space. they will upload as thumbnails and expand when clicked on.

Or use something like Imageshack which is a free Image hosting

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club