Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisey Door

Greg Sugrue

My brand new 2011 Focus Zetec 2.0 Petrol has an annoying squeak / rattle in the drivers side rear door when you go over any rough road surface.

My dealer is 160kms away, and I asked them to look for the reason during the 2000km after sale check, but noise remains.

They put some silicon on the seals, but it is no better.

This is my first brand new car, and this is disappointing, my 13 year old Peugeot 206GTi is quieter, and that is saysing something!

Has anybody had noisey doors and found an answer ?

I don't really want to have to drive 160km to the dealer if there is something I can try myself B)

My courtesy car was the same i aplied sum grease to the door catch which sorted it if it doesnt im afraid youll have to take it back and insist on a courtesy car till its fixed.

I had this problem and the fault was door hinge not adjusted correctly.To prove this get someone in back seat, drive over rough road slowly to make sure noise happens.Then retest with door open.If it stops adjust the door striker slightly inwards[open door and its the catch on body of car]only slightly loosen bolts and tap inwards tighten retest. make sure you only move it a small amount to keep you doors aligned.Also does this happen when you pull away quickly?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I couldn't work out if it was the centre column or the rear door itself. I will try the fix. When you say loosen the catch, is that on the front side or the rear?