Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modification

Baxty123

How do you remove the boot spoiler off a 06 zetec climate to put an ST one on instead?

Remove trim at top of boot, 6 bolts to undo.

Spoilers are the same fit but brake light has to be spliced as connections are different.

Aparrently a top tip is to put sillicone around bolt holes when refitting to avoid leaks.

Cheers I'll have a crack at it

ive done this one too mate,

their is also a clip on either side that holds the rear spoiler to the glass on the boot,

use a long pliers and pull them out then put them back in to place on the new spoiler, and also silicone around the bolt holes, the more the better.

KGrHqNksE3OJvHQpBOSlBpnMzw60_12-1.jpg

also recommend putting some bubble wrap or a blanket on the roof to ensure nothing gets scratched when removing, and when your taking the bolts out keep count on the ammount of rotations you done to removeing each bolt, this will be usfull to you when putting the bolts back in because you dont want to overtighten them and possibly split the st spoiler if too tight.

Image0356.jpg

only problem you will encounter is the splicing of the brake light cables, because they are both black lol

so if you get the head of your hoover and the chrome pipe section,

then press the head of the hoover on the brake Pedal

and wedge the pipe section against the driver seat front edge,

this will keep the brake pedal pressed so you can connect the st spoiler brake light to ensure you have the correct pollarity on it,

and ill add a few picture's of those clips on either side of the boot ill upload one in the morning to this thread, once its bright ill take a picture of them.

so if you get the head of your hoover and the chrome pipe,

then jam the head of the hoover on the brake light and put the pipe against the driver seat edge,

I nominate you for my tip of the month,( just off to supporters board to se if we can set up such an award )

I nominate you for my tip of the month,( just off to supporters board to se if we can set up such an award )

:o thanks very much pete, really apprecieate it mate.

as Promised here are some pictures of the clip on either side that you need to remove,

a flat screwdriver would fit under them to slide out either mate,

Image1513.jpg

Image1514.jpg

Image1512.jpg