Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snow

SOrchard

Sorry if this has been covered, but how do you clean the snow off your cars in the morning so that the nicely compounded and swirl free paint isn't messed up?

I sweep the worst off with a waterproof gloved hand and let the little bit left melt on it's own accord.

You could use a soft bristled brush too.

Not that I have componded and swirl free paint I use an old soft brisle brush with a long handlle so I can do the roof, this takes most of it off and leaves anything thats stuck to the paint

If the snow is still soft, then i use one of those long,paint friendly rubber squeegees.... ;)

I have two methods:

1) I have a rubber brush, with rubber bristles, and a squeegee side on the end, I use that to wipe it off, and it does no harm at all

2) I bought the snow brush from Halfords, with soft bristles, rubber squeegee and ice scraper end. It works very well and doesnt seem to cause any harm at all to the paint work!

If the snow is still soft, then i use one of those long,paint friendly rubber squeegees.... ;)

They are only paint friendly if the paint is immaculately clean, even then I wouldn't risk it. If you drive along with a bit of snow it would either fall off or melt without doing any damage.

Main problem with this is the fact that any snow left on your vehicle and that can fall off, and could be considered a danger, or a risk of "debris" falling into the path of another car then you have every chance of being pulled by an officer, and possibly given a ticket for the pleasure!

Main problem with this is the fact that any snow left on your vehicle and that can fall off, and could be considered a danger, or a risk of "debris" falling into the path of another car then you have every chance of being pulled by an officer, and possibly given a ticket for the pleasure!

Correct, It is indeed an offence to drive with snow on your car for the above reason

A soft brush is best.

I bought a cheap one years ago in one of those cheap kitchen dustpan and brush sets. I use it every year when it snows. I don't use it for anything other than snow clearance so that I don't risk picking up anything in the bristles that might scratch the paint.

Any kind of blade or sqeegee and you risk scratching the paint as the snow isn't always a consistent density so the pressure you apply can be too much without realising.

An alternative to a squeegee i have used is a strip of camping mat (closed cell foam rubber) works like a squeegee but more flexible and non scratching.

Ideal for removing loose snow.

Car does not need to be totally clear of snow but windows, plates and lights need to be clear and have full window visibility, and excessive snow which may blow / fall off and cause a hazard or distraction needs to be removed.

No driving around looking like an igloo. :P

No driving around looking like an igloo. :P

Seen that countless times... although isnt it down to the officer's discretion wether or not you have too much snow on your car?

Seen that countless times... although isnt it down to the officer's discretion wether or not you have too much snow on your car?

Depends on how grumpy they are on the day i think - not like me, i'm always of a sunny disposition. ;)

Depends on how grumpy they are on the day i think - not like me, i'm always of a sunny disposition. ;)

I'm sure it was on the news it could only be like so many inches of snow on the car?

leaf blower is another option.

I'm sure it was on the news it could only be like so many inches of snow on the car?

leaf blower is another option.

A garage is another ;)

I would love to build a garage on the road outside my house, with its own little parking space!!!

Shame the council wouldnt give me planning permission though :P lol

Damned one way terraced streets!

Yeah, I mean, I only want to protect my car, and reduce my car insurance... surely its not asking much???

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club