Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unlocking The Boot

8724alex

Hi All, I have just bought a Focus on a 56 plate, ive noticed there is no key hole for the boot so the only

way i can see to open the boot is with the key fob, what im after knowing, is that if the doors are unlocked

using the fob, will this allow the boot to be opened? i have unlocked the doors and attempted to open

the boot, but there doesnt feel to be a 'switch' as such under the lip of the boot handle (where the reg lights are).

When i use the boot release button on the fob the boot opens.

I just want to ensure that my 'switch' (if there is one) to open to boot is not broken, and, if the only way to open to boot is indeed to

use the fob.

Please Help :-D

There is a rubber pad in the middle of the trim between the plate lights.

Micro switch under the rubber - feel along it and you will find it,.

If the switch is there but not working it may be a corroded switch.

• Like 1

Hi All, I have just bought a Focus on a 56 plate, ive noticed there is no key hole for the boot so the only

way i can see to open the boot is with the key fob, what im after knowing, is that if the doors are unlocked

using the fob, will this allow the boot to be opened? i have unlocked the doors and attempted to open

the boot, but there doesnt feel to be a 'switch' as such under the lip of the boot handle (where the reg lights are).

When i use the boot release button on the fob the boot opens.

I just want to ensure that my 'switch' (if there is one) to open to boot is not broken, and, if the only way to open to boot is indeed to

use the fob.

Please Help :-D

hi mate,

their is a rubber square under the boot handle between the reg lights just push up with your hand and it will unlock,

ensure all doors are unlocked on the car, then try open the boot,

if your switch is broken, i can provide you with one for £27 from a 2010 model, and instruct you on how to change it, well either way mate ill tell you how to access the inside to check the connections etc.

but they rarely break mate, id try for loose connections and everything first.

KGrHqFg8E5oNCy3JHBOby6u8Kw60_12.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, i will have a look at the wiring etc, and see if i can shed any light on it.

Will update with my findings :-D

Ok, so i unlocked the doors, and it worked, i can only assume that when i tried it before, the problem may have been temperature related? do we know if the switch sensor operated or mechanical in some way?

Ok, so i unlocked the doors, and it worked, i can only assume that when i tried it before, the problem may have been temperature related? do we know if the switch sensor operated or mechanical in some way?

its an electronic servo that pulls the latch open mate, the cold weather such as -5 would cause the rubber seal around the boot to freeze and leave it hard to open.

There may be moisture in the switch that caused the original problem.

Apparently corrosion and kak can build up on the switch.

The rubber on the switch was hanging off when i bought mine... I managed to get the dealer to knock off £100, or replace the switch for me... He knocked off £80 ^_^

My handle bulges when it's freezing out, and is frozen solid, so mine must still be letting in water, and will surely rust out like the other switch if i don't address the problem... The number plate lights let water in too, rarely do BOTH lights work :wacko:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club