Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Stick Surround Removal

irl-06lx

See the attached photo.

I removed the gear know, and then removed the leatherette trim which included the grey square surround.

There is a bit of give in the small (1cm wide on the right) black trim immediately outside the grey square at the bottom of the leatherette trim. Does anyone know how to remove this? It's simply for cleaning reasons, nothing else.

Cheers

post-28604-0-96435800-1328914109_thumb.j

The silver bit is called the gear lever gaiter trim and the other bit is called the surround trim.

I take it you mean that you have successfully removed the gaiter trim and are trying to remove the surround trim?

To remove the surround trim just pull the back of it up to unclip it (the back being the bit that faces you).

1.jpg

2.jpg

• 2 months later...

The silver bit is called the gear lever gaiter trim and the other bit is called the surround trim.

I take it you mean that you have successfully removed the gaiter trim and are trying to remove the surround trim?

To remove the surround trim just pull the back of it up to unclip it (the back being the bit that faces you).

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm thinking of fitting a push button start and this seems to be an easy way of fitting my hand under to get at the current 12v port out to fit the button. can anyone provide advice of how to "unclip" it. I don't want to damage anything!

Wide bladed screwdriver with tape around it.

Push under the edge and twist carefully.

• 7 years later...
On 2/11/2012 at 10:49 PM, Pidu said:

Any info how to do it in car with automatic transmission?

You'll have to use a minus screw driver and pry upwards from the silver trim piece on the bottom right corner closest to the + sign. I have attached a photo. As in the below link. Due to certain unknown reasons the link is not being attached so I had to paste it here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MLyI31KVMTW7heiJvTTK_UEV25OlL_Q1/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MKiELnmUYNqguOahsnRct1_F__0ek6ml/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Smokingmonke91
Link is not being attached for some reason

Crikey, that question was posed 8 years ago LOL I've been waiting with baited breath ever since, thank goodness it's finally answered 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Crikey, that question was posed 8 years ago LOL I've been waiting with baited breath ever since, thank goodness it's finally answered 🤣

Any plans for what your going to do with your life now that you have finally overcome this ? 

The handbrake gator perhaps 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

4F27E. How you take them other bits out? I have code p0815. Thats the only problem. Need too look at wiring etc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club