Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Fezza - Ghia X, 1.4 16v Over revving!!

theboynoz

:unsure: Right then, first off i will say hi, i am new to this particular site.

Now for the fun part - My fezza has just started over revving, like a b%*$ard i might add, and obviously i thought it'd be the idle control valve. I have replaced this, with a genuine ford part, and still no joy. Now i then turned my attention to the plugs, leads, air filter, connections even the sodding accelerator cable which i cleaned up a bit and greased at the end in case it is snagging somewhere. All of this has come to nowt, and as i drive the issue gets more and more prominant!

The symptoms are as follows;

It starts to rev up when changing up or down a gear

When depressing the clutch whilst travelling the revs build up

The longer i am driving the worse the issue becomes, although if i turn the old girl off and on again it starts from the beggining (so it aint a problem with the engine getting hot)

When idling at traffic lights/junctions it will now idle at around 1500rpm

Any thoughts?? Apart from taking it to a garage tomorrow to see if it is air in the inlet system and stuff i am roayly stumped!

Please offer any guidance you can.

Ok then, i have been to a garage because i have run out of things to look for and apparently there is a kit you can buy from ford for about £50 that fixes this issue for the following engines;

Endura

Zetec

Duratec

Dunno what it's called, but as you have to cut into part of the loom i am leaving to the garage, all in for £100.

I'll pop a post up to let you all know if it works.

• 5 months later...

Ok then, i have been to a garage because i have run out of things to look for and apparently there is a kit you can buy from ford for about £50 that fixes this issue for the following engines;

Endura

Zetec

Duratec

Dunno what it's called, but as you have to cut into part of the loom i am leaving to the garage, all in for £100.

Sounds like your speedo control, it stops the rev's from dropping during gear change apparently allowing for smoother driving!

You don't have to replace it if you dont want to, just disconnect the triangular plug from the front nearside of the clutch housing

Endura

Zetec

Duratec

It's a common problem with the loom. It gets corroded and starts causing the problems your having. I think the kit it just a replacment plug and some wiring. Not sure how much it would cost but £100 seems abit steep even if there fitting it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club