Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window Probs

Andre

I have a 2000 (W) Galaxy and have a problem with the drivers side electric window (passenger side works 100%).

When the ignition is off (engine not running but key in ignition on turn 1) the window will work, goes down & up, when the engine is running the window stops working, hopeing somebody can shed some light on this.

We have tried a new switch but still the same prob, fuses are all ok.

Thanks

Andre

I have a 2000 (W) Galaxy and have a problem with the drivers side electric window (passenger side works 100%).

When the ignition is off (engine not running but key in ignition on turn 1) the window will work, goes down & up, when the engine is running the window stops working, hopeing somebody can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Andre

Hi Andre My friends had this when water was entering in to the heater duct on the passsenger side through the pollen filter ,due to the drain hles being blocked up in front wings . try a piece of flexible curtain wire or something to unblock the holes ,otherwise take the plastic liner off at the bottom of the wings and clear all the muck and dead leaves out . Then check the passenger under the rear of the front seat floor for for water leaks to see if the water has trickled back into the central locking electrics and sn'nt playing havoc. I dried this one out with a hair dryer sprayed it with wd 40 and it was ok . Hope that you are as lucky as I was Brummiebetz

Thanks

Andre

Hi Andre My friends had this when water was entering in to the heater duct on the passsenger side through the pollen filter ,due to the drain hles being blocked up in front wings . try a piece of flexible curtain wire or something to unblock the holes ,otherwise take the plastic liner off at the bottom of the wings and clear all the muck and dead leaves out . Then check under the passenger seat under the rear of the front seat in the floorfloor for for water leaks to see if the water has trickled back into the central locking electrics and sn'nt playing havoc. I dried this one out with a hair dryer sprayed it with wd 40 and it was ok . Hope that you are as lucky as I was Brummiebetz

Hi Andre My friends had this when water was entering in to the heater duct on the passsenger side through the pollen filter ,due to the drain hles being blocked up in front wings . try a piece of flexible curtain wire or something to unblock the holes ,otherwise take the plastic liner off at the bottom of the wings and clear all the muck and dead leaves out . Then check under the passenger seat under the rear of the front seat in the floorfloor for for water leaks to see if the water has trickled back into the central locking electrics and sn'nt playing havoc. I dried this one out with a hair dryer sprayed it with wd 40 and it was ok . Hope that you are as lucky as I was Brummiebetz

Hi Brummiebetz, it's not that, checked that out already and atm it's working while the engine is running but could stop at anytime, unless it's an earth problem for the drivers side only, I've noticed a couple of fuses under the drivers seat but don't know what they are for yet unless you or anybody else knows.

Cheers

check the conncection terminal of the swith there shoucl be 2 rows of wires in the conncter the 2nd from the right on the row with fewest might not be connecting propaly thats what happened with mine

Hi, I don't think it's that, it's a brand new switch put on by a garage because they opened it up thinking water was in it and lost one of the springs LOL.

Atm it's working OK even with engine running.

Just very strange.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club