Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sd Navigation

guildlog

I have just purchased a Ford Focus Zetec (first registered June 2011) with SD Navigation system. Would anyone be able to put my mind at ease - although the car is dated 2011 the SD card has date of 2010 printed on it - does this mean I have been given an old card by my dealer?

The Mapping software is normally a year behind. I bought a Mk2.5 Sport in April last year and that has the 2010 disc.

The Mapping software is normally a year behind. I bought a Mk2.5 Sport in April last year and that has the 2010 disc.

btmaldon , you have the Disc ? or the SD card , i thought they stopped doing the disc.

I have seen mapping SD 2011 cards on Fleabay but not certain if they are Full Uk

Sorry, I meant SD card.

Mines full UK and western europe.

Same as mine then , i think they stopped doing the CD because of people copying the SD cards

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

On the subject of SD Navigation, does anyone know if you can put a 'Tom Tom' Sat Nav SD card in the SD Navigation unit in my 20 month old Focus Sport. I have just bought this car having sold my 13 year old Focus last week. I have always been used to the portable 'Tom Tom' version of SatNav and would dearly like to use it in the Focus unit. Hope ypu can help,

Cheers

Dave

Hi All,

On the subject of SD Navigation, does anyone know if you can put a 'Tom Tom' Sat Nav SD card in the SD Navigation unit in my 20 month old Focus Sport. I have just bought this car having sold my 13 year old Focus last week. I have always been used to the portable 'Tom Tom' version of SatNav and would dearly like to use it in the Focus unit. Hope ypu can help,

Cheers

Dave

You cant use it on the Blaupunkt system. If it was a Windows CE device you could have used lots of different versions of Satnav software on it. Its a shame as I like IGO8 and would prefer to use that rather than the Ford software.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes it's a Blaupunkt system so you have answered my question.

Have had a Focus for 11 years and just changed it to Sport this week.

Hate the SatNav but looks as though I will have to grin and bear it.

Thanks again

Dave

PS. Do you know how to obtain extras on the SatNav...like speed camera locations etc. Is there a website to go to?

PS. Do you know how to obtain extras on the SatNav...like speed camera locations etc. Is there a website to go to?

There is no way to add extras i'm afraid.

Never mind, will just have to start driving slower!!!

Thanks for the info

Dave

mako try the naviextras site to see if they support your unit worth a try you can buy safety cameras and tmc off there if its supported

Hi Neil,

Thanks for info. Just tried the site and unable to find anything to match my system.

As I have only just got the car I suppose I will get used to the different Nav System in time.

Thanks again for every ones help,

Speak soon,

Dave

I use a Road Angel, but you can get some apps with speed cameras on your smart phone these days

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club