Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows keep opening

okiegirl

Hi all i am new here and really hope someone can help me.

I went out to my car yesterday morning to find the front electric windows wide open,they must of been like this throughout the night as it was raining and my seats were soaked!

When i close the windows they open again as soon as u either take the keys out the ignition or when u shut the doors.

ive tried all sorts of ways to stop it,the engine seemed a bit flat yesterday and wouldnt start after the first time,so i took the battery off and have charged that up and it is ok now but the windows remain the same.

What can i do, what do i check???

it is driving me mad as the weather is awfull at the moment and i really need it sorted.

I went out to my car yesterday morning to find the front electric windows wide open,they must of been like this throughout the night as it was raining and my seats were soaked!

When i close the windows they open again as soon as u either take the keys out the ignition or when u shut the doors.

ive tried all sorts of ways to stop it,the engine seemed a bit flat yesterday and wouldnt start after the first time,so i took the battery off and have charged that up and it is ok now but the windows remain the same.

it is driving me mad as the weather is awfull at the moment and i really need it sorted.

there is a well known water ingress problem on the galaxy, which can affect the electrics. this has also happened to my mates galaxy, when he was driving along the road the windows were going up and down! as funny as it seems it is a very expensive repair if its the same problem. my mates car cost over £400 to fix. im sure its all down to blocked drain holes!

first thing to do would be find out where the water is coming in.

there is a well known water ingress problem on the galaxy, which can affect the electrics. this has also happened to my mates galaxy, when he was driving along the road the windows were going up and down! as funny as it seems it is a very expensive repair if its the same problem. my mates car cost over £400 to fix. im sure its all down to blocked drain holes!

first thing to do would be find out where the water is coming in.

oh dear £400 doesnt sound good!!!

i havent noticed any water coming in from anywhere. I have just discovered that if i hold the key in the lock position the windows will go up and stay there.,not ideal but at least i can get them to stay shut temporaliy.

you could try to reset the windows by closing the window and then pressing the controlle button again for a few seconds so the window learns the new position, also do it for the open position. it might not cure the fault but you never know.

Hi I had this when the water was flowing into the car from the heater inlet (Pollen filter) and filling up the passenger footwell ,then flowing under the passenger seat and filling up the storage space under there (The one with a square that lifts up in the floor)with the central locking controlls inside it. shorting out the central locking and causing havoc with the central locking .The water entered under the bonnet which was happening because the drain holes on each side of the chamber at the back needed un blocking ,a lenth of flexible cutain wire may do the trick

Hi I had this when the water was flowing into the car from the heater inlet (Pollen filter) and filling up the passenger footwell ,then flowing under the passenger seat and filling up the storage space under there (The one with a square that lifts up in the floor)with the central locking controlls inside it. shorting out the central locking and causing havoc with the central locking .The water entered under the bonnet which was happening because the drain holes on each side of the chamber at the back needed un blocking ,a lenth of flexible cutain wire may do the trick

AS IT'S BEEN SAD

THE PART YOU NEED TO SORT OUT IS UNDER THE PASSENGERS SEAT

REMOVE THE UNIT & LEAVE IT IN A WARM PLACE IN THE HOUSE FOR A DAY OR MORE TO DRY IT OUT

NOW YOU NEED TO UNBLOCK THE SCUTTLES.TO DO THIS DO THE FOLLOWING

REMOVE 3 SCREWS HOLDING THE PLASTIC LINER UNDER THE WHEEL ARCH & PULL IT AWAY SO YOU CAN GET YOUR HAND UP INSIDE.

NOW FEEL FOR A RUBBER FLAP NEAR THE BULK HEAD & PULL THE WHOLE THING OFF . (YOU DON'T NEED TO REFIT IT)

NOW STICK YOUR FINGERS IN THE HOLE OR USE A LENGTH OF RIRE OR SIMILAR TO REMOVE ANY LEAVES ETC

REPEAT THE SAME ON THE DRIVERS SIDE BUT BE MORE CAREFUL ON THAT SIDE AS YOU HAVE SOME ELECTRICS THERE.

ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THIS GET A WATERING CAN & POUR A LITTLE WATER INTO THE BULK HEAD & IT SHOULD FLOW ONTO YOUR FEET IF YOU

HAVE CLEARD THE BLOCKAGE

NOW REFIT THE WHEEL ARCH LINERS & AWAY YOU GO

TO DRY THE CARPET OUT REMOVE THE DOOR SEAL (PLASTIC COVER)THEN PULL BACK THE CARPET & SOAK UP ANY ACCESS WATER

IF IT'S REAL BAD THEN CUT OUT SOME OF THE UNDERLAY & DRY IT IN THE HOSE

THEN REFIT IT ALL(BE CAREFUL IF CUTTING IT AS THERE MAYBE LEKKI WIRES UNDER IT)

I HOPE THIS IS OF HELP TO YOU.

CHEERS

DEL

• 2 months later...

okigirl

the windows on all the gals will open if you hold the key in the hole

it's called global opening .

it's supposed to do that if using the key in that way

• 6 months later...
okigirl

the windows on all the gals will open if you hold the key in the hole

it's called global opening .

it's supposed to do that if using the key in that way

Hi I am new here and have the same issues with the windows opening when I turn off the ignition or close the boot apart from the drivers side rear which does not open anyway. Have checked under the passenger seat where all the electrics are and there is no sign of water now or even in the past. Can anyone help

• 2 years later...

hi there to anyone that can help have something wrong with diesel gauge front and rear light and boot comes up on dash then windows go down when you take key out of ignition

hi there to anyone that can help have something wrong with diesel gauge front and rear light and boot comes up on dash then windows go down when you take key out of ignition

as mentioned above, it might be worth checking around the ecu for water ingress

as yours is a mk1 then i would check under passenger seat for your very own swimming pool,does your rear window washer/wiper work ??

if not then the pipe has come apart,WELL KNOWN ISSUE ON THESE CARS,and the pipe is under the plastic trim running at the side of the passenger seat and the join is above the ecu,FORDS/VW/SEAT are clever aint they.

if it isnt this then check out the wiring in the door gaitors in the doors.

also ask here,

www.fordmpv.com

or

www.fordgalaxy.org.uk