Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Like It Here But Dissapointed

Podzak

Hi folks.

I'm enjoying being here but dissapointed at not being able to upload photographs.

Sorry, but I'm averse to joining another organisation just to facilitate being in the first and I have no wish or need to join Photobucket.

In the same vein, I like doing competitions but balk at ones that require me to "like" them on Facebook or similar.

Why can't FOC just use straight forward photo transfer like other sites?

I'm very suspicious about the reasons for the Photobucket connection. :mellow:

You can upload Photo's Use the full editor when making a new post or replying to a post you have 10mb of space

Hmm.

So, I'm replying now.

I've "added to post".

Thank you for the tip but this really is very "Peugeot" !

Will the pic just stay in this post or miraculously appear on my profile.

Shouldn't the site be user friendly?

All I want to do is enjoy it and add the odd photo, not take an IT course. :(

Nope.

Didn't work.

The problem with IT Guru's is....when they make a website, they expect everyone else to be as Guruish as them, which TBH, means they're not that clever at all.

Thank you again for the attempt to help me but don't bother to try again as if it needs that much more explanation, I probably won't understand you.

Meanwhile, I'll just look for a more user friendly forum.

post-30174-0-64508700-1329170636_thumb.j

Oh, that was a bit brief! :blink: I don't know if you'll see this, but i really don't think there is any sinister ulterior motive to hosting pictures via outside picture hosting sites mate... It's "de rigeur" on most forums nowadays. I've never had any spamming issues etc using photobucket for the past 7 or 8 years, it seems pretty safe on the whole... And if nothing else, if you "outsource" your images to flickr or photobucket or where ever, then your images are at least saved if you don't back your images up and the computer crashes :huh:

It's really very easy - in the reply box at the bottom of a thread - click 'More Reply Options' - click 'Choose File' and then locate the image you wish to upload (I would recommend saving it to your desktop to make it easy to find) - click 'Attach This File' - then submit your post.

Oh - and your attempt worked, because we can see your image. The advantage of using photobucket is that the images can be inserted directly into posts without the need for thumbnails and extra clicking.

Some people unfortunately don't get the point do they? :blink:

Podzak - just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't out to get you. :wacko:

i'm using the site and finding it very friendly, and i'm certainly no IT wizard. :P

It's not voodoo or black magic. <_<

Just in case you think i'm getting at you - relax buddy, my tongue is firmly in my cheek.

Some people unfortunately don't get the point do they? :blink: Podzak - just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't out to get you. :wacko: i'm using the site and finding it very friendly, and i'm certainly no IT wizard. :P It's not voodoo or black magic. <_< Just in case you think i'm getting at you - relax buddy, my tongue is firmly in my cheek.

Aye......but which cheek? :huh:

The left one just next to the premolars

Yet another bum joke goes unnoticed. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I've Gota add after reading so many posts on this site it does seam very one sided ie not a lot of people getting some advice even a bit helps the person who has a problem as the saying goes its good to talk as time goes on with new people talking the time and effort to join and little or no response I wounder is there any point to such a one sided site

Are you even reading the same forum as everyone else here?

I've found shed loads of advice and inspiration.

Remember - people on this forum for the most part are enthusiasts and spirited / knowledgeable amateurs.

if you want solid technical information - then that is what garages are for (and charge for)

the problem is many technical problems really require an inspection to gather enough info to fix the fault, people can only suggest to what the cure may be, i bet this site has saved thousands of pounds for people in the past by the advise given with ford faults.

Well we must be on diff sites then cause as to date I havnt come across any one answering a question with some help full advice may be some funny quotes of such but not a great deal of technical advice there do seam a lot of ford owners that can say hi to a new be but when the new be askes a question regarding a problem I don't see a lot of response or help may be they should change the name of this site ford owners club just don't ask any questions cause we don't have any advice to give you just a thought

Well we must be on diff sites then cause as to date I havnt come across any one answering a question with some help full advice may be some funny quotes of such but not a great deal of technical advice there do seam a lot of ford owners that can say hi to a new be but when the new be askes a question regarding a problem I don't see a lot of response or help may be they should change the name of this site ford owners club just don't ask any questions cause we don't have any advice to give you just a thought

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous message.

the problem is many technical problems really require an inspection to gather enough info to fix the fault, people can only suggest to what the cure may be, i bet this site has saved thousands of pounds for people in the past by the advise given with ford faults.

True that! I recently repaired my half working heated screen thanks to a very informative post by another forum member... Great site, great advice, long may it continue!

Sorry to hear you feel a little disenfranchised Lee..Perhaps the people that could help simply haven't seen your help requests, or the topic slipped down the page on a busy forum day...You could always "bump" the thread(s) if you feel they are being overlooked... :)

Tell you what.

I think your question was about gearboxes.

Ask it again and I promise to give you an answer.

Mind you, I refuse to accept any responsibilty for any problems I cause but at least I will answer, even though my knowledge of them is very limited.

although we have not pointed this out yt as very new feature but top menu there is a Media library, in there you upload pics, then use the left menu to get sharing links.

other than that you can upload viia the attach button on the post. All forums are the similar in the way you upload pics.