Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fao Twin Reverse Light Modded Focus'

Bigdaddycain

For any fellow members that have carried out the great "twin" reverse light conversion on their focus... Here's a "piggy back" follow up mod.

Now it's early days yet as to whether this mod upon mod actually throws out anymore useable light, but if nothing else, it looks pretty cool when viewed slightly from above, and it's only a ten minute job. B) B) B)

If you do a bit of search on eBay,with "lowest price first" tab clicked, you can pick up the odd little bargain :P

I've used SMD LED strips with great effect on my other ford down the years, so i decided to have a play with the strips on the focus too...

I got a 120cm strip for a few quid, tapped into the reverse light circuit, warmed the bumper, and strip with a hairdryer (it wakes the sticky backing up a bit) and basically stuck the LED strip between both reverse lights, on the lower flat lip of the rear bumper (check your car has the flat lip before you click "buy it now")

The strip seems to light up the centre area where the reverse lights doesn't pick up quite so well, the strip is pretty much invisible (on my sea grey coloured focus at least) And i think is a rather tasty,discreet, and usefull little mod!

I'll shut up now and let the piccies do the talking....

My leccy mate breaks out the snips... (excuse the state of my tailgate, i'm a sub contractor courier out of my car at the mo till i can afford my own van) :wacko:

DSC00147-3.jpg

Strip tapped in, placed on top of bumper to show it glow...

DSC00145-5.jpg

And then it was just a matter of waiting till night fall to get a few piccies of the light in action...

DSC00150-3.jpg

DSC00154-5.jpg

DSC00152-4.jpg

Here's how the LED striplight looks with the cameraphone touching the floor, 9 times out of ten it's viewed slightly from above, so the actual light source isn't really visible...

DSC00153-5.jpg

And here's the same striplights put to use on my Ford Freda....

DSC00007-4.jpg

DSC00431-1.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job mate, B)

and its 6000k the same as the reverse bulbs too so blends in perfectly

Cheers Lenny, yes mate, it's the same colour, so it doesn't look out of place as such... It was pretty handy when i backed out of my dark, cold drive at 6am this morning! I nearly did the entire journey in reverse! B) (you know how it is when you have a new mod) :D

Looks good :) , i have sent you a PM with the link to the 2 tone badge light.

Thanks mate, got it and replied bud... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Bigdaddycain, how do you find the usable light now? I can't see a thing behind me currently and the privacy glass doesn't help. :(

I think there's a big improvement Paul, The centre section of the floor is lit up a bit better, whereas previously it was pretty dark... Any extra light at the rear when reversing has got to be an improvement eh? I have dark limo tints on my rear window too, so i know where you're coming from...

Anyone have a spare plug for the additional lamp on this Mod or now where to get one.

I have a spare plug " Bulb holder part" is that what your after?

Hi Pree thanks for the offer mate it is the wiring that plugs into the bulb holder i'm after if that what you have.I have a spare light and bulb holder just need the cable to complete the setup.