Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could This Be The Leak? (New Clutch Slip)

suddste

Hello,

Starting a new thread as the other one got quite messy. I have taken a video so I can look underneath without sticking my head under, i've found some damp spot on what I think is the clutch bell housing. Is this what could cause a clutch slip due to oil cotamination? (The image is upside down because I had my phone upside down when I took the video. The picture is attached

post-21390-0-40332800-1329235666_thumb.j

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suddste

• NorthSussex

• artscot79

• Stoney871

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont think so you often get damp looking patchs like that on the bell houseing off the road

if the clutch is sliping i say its worn out .

i dont think so you often get damp looking patchs like that on the bell houseing off the road

if the clutch is sliping i say its worn out .

The car hadnt been taken out that day I took the picture. And it's not worn out, theres only like 2000mi on it

The car hadnt been taken out that day I took the picture. And it's not worn out, theres only like 2000mi on it

in that case it may need bleeding if you take a look at that damp mark in a few days without

the car moving i bet they will still be there iv had same marks on mine and i did my clucth renewed about 3 months

ago

in that case it may need bleeding if you take a look at that damp mark in a few days without

the car moving i bet they will still be there iv had same marks on mine and i did my clucth renewed about 3 months

ago

I dont know what could be causing it to slip then. Any ideas?

is the brake fluid going down? if its a leak from the slave cylinder ide expect more oil than that not saying its not oil have a smell youll tell if its oil if the clutch is slipping you need to get it looked at i know you say it will cost but something clearly isnt right is the pedal spongy

A possible idea,Inside the car drivers side,is the clutch pedal damp,feel the pedal arm,that's where the clutch master cylinder is ,they are prone to leaking and needs to be replaced.

is the brake fluid going down? if its a leak from the slave cylinder ide expect more oil than that not saying its not oil have a smell youll tell if its oil if the clutch is slipping you need to get it looked at i know you say it will cost but something clearly isnt right is the pedal spongy

thanks, the pedal doesnt really feel spongy at all. I dont think the brake fluid is going down, i'll do what the above post says to check if the pedal arm is damp tommorow

if all else fails then it must be needing bled a bit

thanks :( i'm running out of things it could be? Are we definatly sure it's not a non-resurfaced flywheel causing this?

Is the clutch pedal fully returning, i.e cant lift it anymore with your toe after depressing it?

Just a silly thought but did they clean the protective coating off the clutch plate when they fitted it?

Could also be a damaged clutch fork or thrust bearing.

Is the clutch pedal fully returning, i.e cant lift it anymore with your toe after depressing it?

yeah I think it fully returns

Just a silly thought but did they clean the protective coating off the clutch plate when they fitted it?

Could also be a damaged clutch fork or thrust bearing.

I have no idea. The clutch did feel pretty nice when I first got it back, then it has just degraded I think. So I would think if they did not clean the protective coating off, it would have slipped all the time.

Also, what symptoms would I get from a damaged clutch fork or thrust bearing? I dont know if this is related but just after starting the car if I push the clutch pedal in the RPMs rise a bit, if I release the pedal the rpms go back down a bit

I checked the pedal arm today, apart from some black greese on the arm, theres no wet on it

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone any idea on what they do on a clutch investigation

I assume that as you say there are only 2000 miles on it, you have had the clutch replaced recently; if that is the case, have you considered returning it under warranty to the garage that replaced the clutch?

I assume that as you say there are only 2000 miles on it, you have had the clutch replaced recently; if that is the case, have you considered returning it under warranty to the garage that replaced the clutch?

I have tried but it didnt slip when they tested it so they did nothing

Try again! and be a bit more insistent.

Try again! and be a bit more insistent.

They did say that they could replace etc under warranty but only if the parts have found to be faulty, they didnt say anything about thier work

They did say that they could replace etc under warranty but only if the parts have found to be faulty, they didnt say anything about thier work

Parts and labour should be covered. Take a witness with you to confirm anything said.

Parts and labour should be covered. Take a witness with you to confirm anything said.

They didnt seem to do it though, i'm thinking on taking it to Fords and getting them to replace AGAIN

You should stand up for your rights; don't let them get away with shoddy workmanship.

Why pay twice?

You should stand up for your rights; don't let them get away with shoddy workmanship.

Why pay twice?

I honestly dont think I have a leg to stand on, I can see paying again at the garage that did it again I might as well get it done better by Fords

Sorry, I can't give you any more advice. Good luck.

Any body got any other sugestions?

Sorry, I can't give you any more advice. Good luck.

Any body got any other sugestions?

I honestly dont know what could have caused this. I still dont know lol. I feel it could only happen to me lol