Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 8 Fiesta Fog Light Bulb Upgrade

Andy Whittle

Just replaced my standard H11 Fog light bulbs with H11 18 LED's on my Mk 8 Fiesta so that i can use them as daytime driving lights.

easy to change just by removing headlights to gain access to fog light just twist bulb out unclip connector and insert new bulbs.

Took 30 mins and looks great now, also replaced front sidelights with white 501 Led while Headlight was out

bulbs off eBay, £13.89 for two H11 and £3.50 for two 501 sidelight

Be aware mate that even though you changed the fog bulbs to DRL the light display will still obviously show the fog lights on.

Police Traffic Officers will still class that as using fog lights when lighting conditions are not foggy.

You could argue that with them but i promise you they won't see it your way.

This is from asking a Traffic Officer in my station.

Don't mean to bring you down but do be aware.

By all means enjoy you undoubted ingenuity but be careful. ^_^

Im sure it looks great, but I still like to know ive got fog lights that work as fog lights when I need them. I suppose the good thing is people can use them without dazzling anybody on a clear night.

Your fog lights should only come on with your Side lights , wiring them differently to Standalone would be an insurance issue.

The price of Fiesta DRLS are slowly creeping down and look very nice when fitted , you may want to look into them

I don't really think you'll get pulled for it, seen how many people drive with fogs? I've seen countless times people driving past police with fog lights on without any problem.

I don't really think you'll get pulled for it, seen how many people drive with fogs? I've seen countless times people driving past police with fog lights on without any problem.

I know what you're saying david however driving with fog lights on during the day or in non foggy / poor visibility weather, no matter what the bulb configuraion is an endorsable traffic offence.

CU20 - Using a vehicle with defective parts or accessories - 3 points

Using a fog light when not necessary can also be covered by a £30 non endorsable penalty.

Just because you're not tugged doesn't mean it ok, it probably means the coppers driving by either - 1/ didn't see, 2/ didn't want to see due to the amount of paperwork involved, 3/ don't know the legalities themselves, 4/ just don't care.

I know the use of fog lights seems to of become fashionable but it is still an offence whether punished or not.

The changing of the fog bulbs to LED is immaterial, they are still fog lights.

I really don't want to sound heavy handed but i would be remiss if i didn't point out the legalities.

BTW i always pull fog light offences if practical and safe to do so, it's one of my peeves alongside seatbelts and phones.

On the personal side - i bet the lights look really good with LED's. :)

I know what you're saying david however driving with fog lights on during the day or in non foggy / poor visibility weather, no matter what the bulb configuraion is an endorsable traffic offence.

CU20 - Using a vehicle with defective parts or accessories - 3 points

Using a fog light when not necessary can also be covered by a £30 non endorsable penalty.

Just because you're not tugged doesn't mean it ok, it probably means the coppers driving by either - 1/ didn't see, 2/ didn't want to see due to the amount of paperwork involved, 3/ don't know the legalities themselves, 4/ just don't care.

I know the use of fog lights seems to of become fashionable but it is still an offence whether punished or not.

The changing of the fog bulbs to LED is immaterial, they are still fog lights.

I really don't want to sound heavy handed but i would be remiss if i didn't point out the legalities.

BTW i always pull fog light offences if practical and safe to do so, it's one of my peeves alongside seatbelts and phones.

On the personal side - i bet the lights look really good with LED's. :)

They do lol :D :D

img0374dw.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club