Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Fascia

FocusTDCI110

Hi there, I have a 2005 MK2 Focus and am looking to replace the original stereo with the new one in the facelifted mk2 focus. What would this involve? I understand I need a new curved fascia but I believe that's all? Would it just be a straight swap of stereos?

Also, i'm struggling to find a curved fascia. Anybody know where i could obtain one.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

I think you'll have problems as the radios have different mounting methods and the fascias fit differently too.

The MK2 comes out with keys and the fascia has two torx to remove it.

The 2.5 has a fascia that unclips and the radio is held in with 4 torx.

This is a MK2.5 fascia and just clips in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-mk2-Radio-CD-unit-fascia-surround-/170781577703?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item27c36011e7

This is a MK2 fascia and is held in place behind the radio face by 2 torx screws.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK3-CENTRE-DASH-CONSOLE-RADIO-HEATER-CONTROL-TRIM-SURROUND-55-08-/190627665350?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c624b55c6

This is a MK2 style radio with the 4 key slots for removal as marked.

radio1.jpg

This is a MK2.5 radio which has screws to secure it into the dash.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Mondeo-Radio-CD-Player-/330685807943?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4cfe68fd47

I'm pretty sure you get the gist of it.

To fit the MK2 dash you'd need a radio with the key removal method rather than the screw in chassis.

May i suggest one like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sony-Single-Disc-MP3-car-Radio-Cd-Fiesta-Focus-Mondeo-/120857245717?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1c23a73815

Just be sure that it is listed for a Focus as Mondeo radios are slightly different sizes as in they are too long for the dash, slightly angled on the face and the face size is slightly bigger too.

Hopefully you find this info useful and it saves you from buying a radio which you can't fit properly.

Cheers for the guide mate, looks like fitting the facelift model stereo is more hassle than it's worth.

So i'm now looking at this stereo : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sony-CD-MP3-Player-Double-Din-Radio-/180819412988?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a19ad47fc#ht_500wt_1287

Do you reckon i'll have any problems with this one? Looking at it the stereo is square so I won't have to change the fascia and there are keys on each of the corners of the stereo.

I reckon that one will do you just fine.

Far better than the standard Visteon radio.

Hi stoney would a fiesta Sony head unit fit as I've got a mk.2.5 focus with the 6000 in I'm glad I had a look because i nearly bought a mondeo one on sunday.

• Like 1

Hi, FocusTDCI110, just a quick reminder regarding the ford 6000 radios, they all have the vin number and reg of the car they was fitted to, I don’t know what involved in having it changed.

The Mondeo ones are the odd one's out as they are deeper and the face plates are wider at the top.

If the radio you are after has the same mounting method as the focus you have i.e as per my earlier post you'll be ok.

• Like 1

Hi, FocusTDCI110, just a quick reminder regarding the ford 6000 radios, they all have the vin number and reg of the car they was fitted to, I don’t know what involved in having it changed.

As long as you have the right security code then there will be no problems.

You can change those details yourself as it's more of a way to identify the radio if stolen and recovered.

The radios are not locked to any particular vehicle.

Hi

the conversion from Mk2 to Mk2.5 Ford audio unit is pretty simple. I did it in around 45mins. You need the Oval fascia, and brackets for the new unit, as the new unit screws in. I found the screws were the pain to sort, as ford dont stock them (or say they dont). I finally went to B+Q and bought a small packet of the fattest, and shortest self tappers, and used them.

This website has step by step pictures of the process with Ford part numbers if the stuff you need, so you dont need to confuse the Fords storeman.

hope that helps..., BTW, I am sure that the unit you have seen on E-bay will also need a curved fascia as well.

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/focus-mk2-facelift-stereo-into-preface-lift

• Like 1

BTW, I am sure that the unit you have seen on E-bay will also need a curved fascia as well.

The radio Jack linked to is a standard MK2 fit, it's just the inner part of the radio face that has the curved look to it.

I can understand your point about the fascia shape but if you look carefully at the picture the radio face is rectangular with the 4 key slots so will fit a MK2 without having to change the fascia but will look like a MK2.5 radio to the casual observer.

If you could get UK map software you'd be ok.

Probably also needs an aerial upgrade too but that's straightforward.

• Like 1

I have some experience with this kind of equipment. Navigation software is stored on SD Card. You can use any navigation software for Windows CE Net, so UK maps or any others are not a problem. You do not have to change the aerial, there is additional GPS aerial and it is working fine even when mounted under dash. For me the problem is radio interface, poor graphic, bad quality HF system, no RDS (despite it is stated in specification) and many others. This kind of radios do a lot of things but I was sick every time I had to use it. They are all the same china product with different front panel. If I was to install such radio I would go for Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC etc. They are much more expensive, but using them is pleasure not pain.

Hi

the conversion from Mk2 to Mk2.5 Ford audio unit is pretty simple. I did it in around 45mins. You need the Oval fascia, and brackets for the new unit, as the new unit screws in. I found the screws were the pain to sort, as ford dont stock them (or say they dont). I finally went to B+Q and bought a small packet of the fattest, and shortest self tappers, and used them.

This website has step by step pictures of the process with Ford part numbers if the stuff you need, so you dont need to confuse the Fords storeman.

hope that helps..., BTW, I am sure that the unit you have seen on E-bay will also need a curved fascia as well.

http://www.jamessimp...to-preface-lift

I can't see the complete tutorial for the conversion. Am i missing something? I'm gonna give it a go this weekend, little bit worried about the brackets situation. Can anyone expand on this for me?

I have some experience with this kind of equipment. Navigation software is stored on SD Card. You can use any navigation software for Windows CE Net, so UK maps or any others are not a problem. You do not have to change the aerial, there is additional GPS aerial and it is working fine even when mounted under dash. For me the problem is radio interface, poor graphic, bad quality HF system, no RDS (despite it is stated in specification) and many others. This kind of radios do a lot of things but I was sick every time I had to use it. They are all the same china product with different front panel. If I was to install such radio I would go for Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC etc. They are much more expensive, but using them is pleasure not pain.

Unfortunately that's the problem with buying kit meant for another country.

The RDS coding is probably totally different where the radio is meant for and it is very true that you get what you pay for.

I'd love a top end double din radio unit with everything integrated but it's justifying the cost to myself and more importantly the wife.

this one is for uk only but i thing is just for mk 2.5 not for mk2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ES789EU-7-HD-Car-DVD-Player-Sat-Nav-iPod-TV-PiP-Can-Bus-SWC-FORD-FOCUS-MONDEO-/230745651515?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35b983393b

by the way i am not chinese i just spend to much time on eBay

hhhhhhhhhhh

this one is for uk only but i thing is just for mk 2.5 not for mk2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ES789EU-7-HD-Car-DVD-Player-Sat-Nav-iPod-TV-PiP-Can-Bus-SWC-FORD-FOCUS-MONDEO-/230745651515?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item35b983393b

by the way i am not chinese i just spend to much time on ebay

hhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah MK2.5 or MK2 with the cradle / fascia modification.

Yeah MK2.5 or MK2 with the cradle / fascia modification.

Yep, as you can see there are holes for the screws, so you will need the adapters i linked to previously, and some screws.

on the site I linked, you need just to look at how to remove the Mk2 stereo, and then look at the tutorial on removind the 2.5 and reverse the process.

• 4 years later...

Just found this topic, sorry to dig up an old discussion but was wondering if anyone had any updated info or a guide on converting a pre facelift mk2 stereo to a facelift style stereo. 

Im wanting to do this on my Focus, I have read through all the above and from what I understand I will need a facelift type faceplate/surround for the stereo (obviously.

And I understand I will also need to obtain two clips that the stereo will clip onto somehow. 

Is that all the additional extra's that will be required?

will the steering controls work OK and does anyone else have any input or advice on how this all fits together ?? 

(a guide would be magic!)

Cheers!!!

I have a guide for this project within the link under my posts with a list of all parts required.
The steering controls will work just fine.
Just make sure the replacement radio is from a Focus, C-Max, Transit (inc. Connect) or Fiesta as Mondeo ones sometimes don't integrate properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club