Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outstanding Field Service Action - Etis

jimrex

Hi,

I have just put my reg into ETIS for the first time with the Focus.

In the Outstanding Field service Actions bit, it says '1U391 - DISCHARGED battery AFTER PARKING'... I've never had any issues with the battery, anyone know what this could be?

It's due a service at the beginning of March (yes, a year old already :o) and some other minor things need doing so I assume it would be sorted then?

Anyone else had an issue like this?

J

• 3 weeks later...

I've just done the same thing mine says the same as yours, did you find anything out from Ford?

Hi, it is when the fuel pump keeps running after you've switched off the engine thus flattening the battery and it only affects diesels . I think you'll find that cars manufactured after aug/sept will not have this issue, however it is worth checking with the dealership.

Chris

Mine was delivered July 2011 and Etis says "No Campaign Message(s) found"

Thanks for the responses guys. Reading Cuke's reply, I thought it was because mine is an early car but noticed Sara's is 2012 :huh:

It's going in on the 14th so I'll ask then and get a definitive answer.

Mines be fine, the only thing that has happened is when I first got the car I was sitting in it with engine off but keys in the ignition setting up the radio etc. after about 15mins a warning popped up saying low battery check manual! I spoke to my friend and he said it could be because it's new and the car needing a long run to give the battery a good charge?

Mines be fine, the only thing that has happened is when I first got the car I was sitting in it with engine off but keys in the ignition setting up the radio etc. after about 15mins a warning popped up saying low battery check manual! I spoke to my friend and he said it could be because it's new and the car needing a long run to give the battery a good charge?

Couldn't hurt to give it a good run.

I did and it's not popped up since :-)

The battery and alternator work much harder at this time of the year anyway as you've got lights, demisters, heater etc. working more often.

A good straight run up an A road or motorway does wonders for the car.

The engine gets a good work up too, ensuring that oil gets around evenly.

Short runs just don't do that.

How many people drive to and from work without the temp guage ever getting off it's stops?

My work car can easily do 200-300 miles a day just mooching around, and not always motorway either, but never has problems with electrics even though it is running serious amounts of extra electrical equiptment.

My own car gets at least a 30 mile run to nowhere in particular at least once a week.

• 2 weeks later...

My Focus is in the dealership as I type for it's first service... the man behind the desk said there were 2 items of recall work to do on it as well, one of which was the discharged battery. Looks like it only affects some cars and the work will be carried out when serviced.

Currently driving a new KA courtesy car. Eugh.

Mines in tomorrow for 1500 miles free check up I'll mention it. 😳

I've just dropped mine off, I didn't need to mention anything they were already aware, ford service said one recall outstanding thats the battery discharge which is rectified with an update?

I've just dropped mine off, I didn't need to mention anything they were already aware, ford service said one recall outstanding thats the battery discharge which is rectified with an update?

Normally that's something like Auto Lights or Wipers (or anything controlled by sensors like those mounted on the windscreen) where the sensors should power down when you lock the car but in some cases don't so cause current drain on the battery. Usually just a software upgrade to fix 'bugs' like that. :)

One thing I noticed Sarah if you have the stop/start on your car. When I had my first service and was complaining about the fuel economy, Ford did an update inc. re-calibration for the fuelling. One thing I noticed after was how much more responsive the stop/start now is so maybe there was a software mod. to improve that as well ?

Hi, any updates should be installed automatically as part of the process of being hooked up and updating the ECM, however it is worth mentioning the issues Sarah is having with the pull away in 1st.

Chris

Collected my car and it seems much better starting from 1st gear and more responsive now, they said they updated something to do with the recall?

Like your computer, Ford probably just rebooted it LOL.

The Placebo Effect is the measurable, observable, or felt improvement in behavior not attributable to invasive treatment that has been administered.

Like your computer, Ford probably just rebooted it LOL.

The Placebo Effect is the measurable, observable, or felt improvement in behavior not attributable to invasive treatment that has been administered.

You Cynic, but you may be right. :D

I never mentioned the 1st gear thing to ford I was going to give the car a few more mile to loosen up, this was just a 1500 miles check up I really don't know what they've done apart from the recall on the battery thingy so if I had mentioned it and they said they had rebooted it then yes I agree it could possibly be the placebo effect!

Sorry Sarah, couldn't resist :)

Sorry Sarah, couldn't resist :)

Thing is, you're probably right.

The power of suggestion is not to be underestimated.

This is usually the case when your car goes in for work and you get a naff loan car. When you get your own back it always feels miles better than it did in the first place.

Poxy Cars! you don't get this problem with shoes and handbags! LOL! :)

Poxy Cars! you don't get this problem with shoes and handbags! LOL! :)

I wouldn’t know, that sounds like women’s talk and above my pay grade. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club