Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light Mod

Creepy Coupe

I've ordered a new interior light with the two LED's for the Wife's MK7 Zetec S. The plan in to fit it this weekend.

I just wondered about running a live wire for the LED's

I looked around on this forum and found a good guide, where a member has run a wire from the head/side light switch. I wondered if anyone had tested to see if the interior light remained permenatly live when the car was locked.

I was thinking of tapping into the live feed for the interior light themselves. i realise this mean the LED's will be on during daytime running, without the side lights on. but that doesn't bother me TBH

Thanks

the live feed to the interior light is on all the time (try switching the light on without the key).

although it would take a while, would eventually drain your batteries. However, there is the 30 minute battery saver cutout which would turn them off 30 mins after leaving the car and switch them on when you unlock it.

is the appropriate wire not tucked away somewhere in the loom? usually they have 1 big loom with all the necessary wires then just tuck away the ones "not specified"

is the appropriate wire not tucked away somewhere in the loom? usually they have 1 big loom with all the necessary wires then just tuck away the ones "not specified"

Mine did not have the loom required. Wired the LEDs in to the ignition so they're on whenever the car is running. Does mean they're also on during the day but you don't notice them till it gets dark.

Ok.I did this mod last night.

I bought a new light unit from Ford for the MK7, which has a tiny copper plated terminal on it for the LEDS. Nothing like as chunky as the ones I sean for old light units.

I ran a wire from this through the headlining and down the drivers side "A" pillar. Then into the righthand side of the dash.

I found the appropriate side light wire, and tapped into that. Works a treat. B) Took me about 1 hour.

A word of caution. The MK7 wires to the headlight switch are very thin and delicate looking and need treating with care.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club