Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pdf Filter Replacement?

Chucky

I have booked my 56 1.6 tdci focus into a garage because it has a posable DPF problem. Would it have to be replaced if defective, or can you recharge/clean it? the engine management light has come on giving the fault code.

it depends some can be recharged some have to be replaced which is not cheap by the way garage may ask 900 quid at least hopefully it can be recharged

If the PDF Can be refilled with oil, where would you fill it. Because I was told it had been "charged" by the garage where I bought it from. And would it need recharging after 14,000 miles?

The DPF fluid should last a lot longer than 14k so I would say it has not been topped up

I dont know, but for my C5 I got a kit from the dealers, maybe Ford do such a thing, not cheap though that Eloys fluid

hi pragmatix,

The fluid you need is the same for all PSA engines (Like any diesel Citroen, Volvo, Mazda, Pejo, Ford engine), so if you are out go buy from the ones that sell the cheapest :)

The light may indicate that the DPF is just clogged up, so you need to run the car hot for about 25 minutes, on a highway maybe at about 2500-3000 rpm constantly.

One fill (about 2.5-3 liters) should last you for about 60k miles.

to see if you have any fluid left just take a lantern, powerful one if you have it and look under the car, just between the rear wheels. You should see a small tank there, plastic tank. If you put the lantern on it you should be able to see if you have any fluid in it on not.

Anyway, like i said, that is not the only issues that you may have. It might be just clogged up, the regeneration did not complete ... many reasons, not all bad :)

hi pragmatix,

The fluid you need is the same for all PSA engines (Like any diesel Citroen, Volvo, Mazda, Pejo, Ford engine), so if you are out go buy from the ones that sell the cheapest :)

The light may indicate that the DPF is just clogged up, so you need to run the car hot for about 25 minutes, on a highway maybe at about 2500-3000 rpm constantly.

One fill (about 2.5-3 liters) should last you for about 60k miles.

to see if you have any fluid left just take a lantern, powerful one if you have it and look under the car, just between the rear wheels. You should see a small tank there, plastic tank. If you put the lantern on it you should be able to see if you have any fluid in it on not.

Anyway, like i said, that is not the only issues that you may have. It might be just clogged up, the regeneration did not complete ... many reasons, not all bad :)

I think your reply is more for Chucky than me :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club