Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Discreet New Footwell Lights....

Bigdaddycain

Sorry mate that's got to be the chaviest thing I've seen, I liked your led under the bumper but this, hang your head in shame.

You haven't read between the lines my friend... You missed the deliberate play on the words "subtle" and "discreet" ;) Good comedy angle though eh? Me kids love them! B)

Well i've tried stretching the focus by getting the estate version! :D :D :D

I'd better explain... I'd actually forgotten i'd ordered these colour changing LED's, as i'd also ordered a pair of white SMD WHITE daytime running lights (strip stylee) To fit inside my headlights... After removing the headlights, and weighing up how i was going to bond the strips inside the headlights my mate suggested i ran some power through the strips first just to check they worked before i dremmelled out slats in the headlights... I had a shock when they lit up all mad colours, then flashed on and off! If i hadn't checked the strips, my headlights would have flashed multi coloured instead of my footwells! Reckon i'd have got a tug? :blink:

I'd better explain... I'd actually forgotten i'd ordered these colour changing LED's, as i'd also ordered a pair of white SMD WHITE daytime running lights (strip stylee) To fit inside my headlights... After removing the headlights, and weighing up how i was going to bond the strips inside the headlights my mate suggested i ran some power through the strips first just to check they worked before i dremmelled out slats in the headlights... I had a shock when they lit up all mad colours, then flashed on and off! If i hadn't checked the strips, my headlights would have flashed multi coloured instead of my footwells! Reckon i'd have got a tug? :blink:

Oh yes indeedee.

Oh yes indeedee.

Definteley need to write up a guide of how to fit these bad boys! :D

BDC, how do these come on and do you have pics of where they are fitted/wired up/

thanks

No piccies as yet mate... And a fitting guide is simplicity itself... I chopped off the universal wedge plug fitting from the SMD LED boards that were fitted instead of the standard "sidelight bulbs", soldered the plug onto the bare wired LED strip, insulated the connections with heat shrink, plugged them in, and put on my sunglasses! B)

The strips burst in to life as the doors are opened, or when the car is unlocked.

My WHITE LED strips arrived this morning, now that me and my daughter are almost through laughing at my comical footwell lights, i think i'll fit the plain white strips soon.

you should leave them fitted it looks like a brothel lol it would have been a peach to see those on the headlights

• 2 weeks later...

:D :D :D Yup, the bobbies would have had a word though i reckon :D

My new stainless sill/kickplates now take the edge off the disco under the dash B)

DSC00235-2.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

Cheers mate...Me and my mate fitted them in the dark tonight, needless to say i've had the doors open quite a bit since admiring the blue glowiness B)

Cheers - when I fit my boring old unlit lockwoods I will feel sad now.

Please stop adding these great mods, the temptation is getting out of hand.

B) Tell me about it mate... I've done nowt but spend since joining this forum! :P

Ooh lockwoods..... In two minds whether to go the lockwood route meself, or change the existing green LED's for blues... decisions, decisions... :huh:

Stop it. :P

Can't help it! :D

Can't help it! :D

My wife despairs of me at times.

it's ok though i paid for her to go on holiday for a week in the sun with her parents so i could have peace to do work on the car.

:D :D :D Yup, the bobbies would have had a word though i reckon :D

My new stainless sill/kickplates now take the edge off the disco under the dash B)

DSC00235-2.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

they look really good, any day pictures and links to parts?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club