Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Removal, Priming, Painting And Refitting Of Bonnet Lip!

TDCiST

Will be wrapping my lip very soon, what sticky pads will I need?

Rh1no - Are you going to post some pics of the wrapped lip when done? Could be very tempted to do this myself. Are you using black or a colour coded carbon effect wrap?

Rh1no - Are you going to post some pics of the wrapped lip when done? Could be very tempted to do this myself. Are you using black or a colour coded carbon effect wrap?

I will do yea, when it's done I will get a couple of pics up. Using the black carbon wrap.

• 2 months later...

Will be doing this all over again soon with my Girlfriends car, although ill be wrapping hers instead... may also do mine again whilst I'm at it!

If any wants to pay a small fee I could always carbon dip the bonnet lips

• 4 months later...

Sorry to be a pain but I had a look at removing mine yesterday and I'm a bit confused do you heat it up to remove it from the lugs or do they pull off first? Really appreciate the help thanks

The lip is stuck on with two adhesive strips... (They are the stickiest thing ive ever encountered...) and also located with lugs, so you will need to heat it up to remove it. The lugs are attached to the lip and do not come off (Unless like me you break one!)

I found it easier to start one end, get to the middle, then start from the other side.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

This thread has been a great help thought I was the only one having some small issues when trying to remove the bonnet strip but I see I'm not the only one thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

You are definitely not alone! It's a nightmare! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Im gona try it with a hairdryer or heat gun like the guide says and see if it helps I was trying to do it with just a flat headed screwdriver but was too scared to keep goin incase it broke

Hairdryer will definitely help. If you use a heatgun be careful not to get it too hot otherwise you'll bend it out of shape.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY! had a dry day after I finished work to be able to get a extension cable outside to use a hairdryer on this bonnet lip to get it off, absolute nightmare the two strips of sticky adhesive is like super glue easily took me an hour to safely remove without breaking or damaging anything(almost gave up half way through lol). I did it on my own but a second pair of hands definitely wouldn't of went a miss, easiest and quickest part about it was the vinyl wrapping which I thought would have been the worst considering I've never done it before but if a hadn't read this guide before hand to give me a better idea before I done it a reckon it would have been a disaster lol

I tried to put a few pictures to show but everything on the app has changed and wont let me I'll try later

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club