Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Angel Eyes For A Mk2 Focus

ukphillad

Hey Guys,

I just thought I would start this topic and share this little gem I stumbled upon on eBay.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-3-BLACK-ANGEL-EYE-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-/320525146734?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa0c99a6e

Really considering going for a set of these myself and just want to know whether anyone else purchased something similar and installed them? If so, any chance of a few pics just to have a general idea of what this will look like after it's done?

My wee focus is getting a complete make over during the year, starting off with tinting the back windows next week, lowering down the suspension on FK AK coilovers and fitting a set of ST 18" alloys with Low Profile tyres. As well as that the exhaust is going to be redone by powerflow at some stage and the only thing that's going to be left for the exterior will be the body kit. However those Angel eyes really caught my attention so if anyone has any views, all will be much appreciated.

:)

I must admit i've been watching similar ones for a while.

They do look a tad enticing. :)

I must admit i've been watching similar ones for a while.

They do look a tad enticing. :)

They really do don't they?? :-D Now i found another website called Essex Racing

http://www.essexracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=1190

and the ones there are quite nice as well. Black projector lights with LED lights at the bottom. Personally i think they will make a great addition to the car, just need to have a chat with a mate who will be installing them for me and then Ill be on my way :-D

Hi, Is that your car in your avatar? 20"s? B)

I've debated on the angel eye look for my Focus too... I had a set on my last Focus

DSC00946.jpg

And to be fair i thought they looked great, but didn't perform as well as the standard halogen headlights... I ended up re-fitting the standard headlights for winter use (the angel eyes headlights were useless in wet weather) and re-fitted the angel eye versions for spring/summer use. The fella that bought my car got the standard headlights in the boot as i warned him the "fancy" lights looked good, but didn't chuck out much light!

If you DO decide to buy the angel eye versions, i'd hold on to your originals for a while just in case....

I had a set of angel eyes on my mk1 been thinking about a set for the mk2 aswell but the standard bulbs in them are crap!! i had to fit a set of 6000k hid's which looked sweet gave the car a proper oem look due to the projector lenses and they were like night sun's on either side of the car miss them to this day!

To keep ur car legal Bigdaddycain is right keep your standards in the garage for times of the year like now the difference well in my case at least before the HID Kit was fitted is HUGE think candle in jam jar and your not far off also they will be manual adjustment and come from the factory just wound in the middle so you might need to spend some time getting them levelled up alright

I do not understand your fascination with angel eyes :blink:. They look awfully, kind of rice tuning, poor quality, give candle light with halogen bulbs. IMVHO the best headlight for focus is factory style xenon headlight with black inner trim. Angel eyes are for BMW and led strips for Audi :P

my mate has the angel eyes on his mk2 he sold his standard ford lights and hes been nipping my head to get them taken out he really isnt impressed with the angel eyes and if im being totally honest it looks really chavvy.

having driven his car at night i find the lights awful they just dont illuminate well im sticking with my standard ones they look right and perform well and they are the zetec ones so have the dark tint inside

well im sticking with my standard ones they look right and perform well and they are the zetec ones so have the dark tint inside

I'm going to change my headlights to zetec ones, they look really good. One is already at home, the other one should be here in a few days. I will have to tint my repeaters and car will look much better.

I was also lookin at these before and having read reports about them i decided against it. I had 6000k hids in my standard zetec headlamps but found them to be creating too much of a glare so was lookin for an alternative. I've since bought a set of second hand st xenon headlamps and fitted 6000k bulbs into them and have to say they are really impressive with light output and also really add to the overall look of the car

Thanks for all your input guys it's much appreciated. :-D

Some of you are saying that they look chavy and what not, and I completely agree with that, they really are designed for Audi's and BMW's. The problem I am having at the moment is that my wee focus is a 1.4 style version (dunno if that matters a lot!) but my mate who is a mechanic said that if I fit a set of 6000k HIDs into it I will be glaring all other drivers and I definately don't want to be doing that. He said I can get 4300k and that should be fine otherwise I have to get projector headlamps and I would be up for doing that, but just can't find any on the internet. Do any of you know where I can get a set of replacement focus headlamps that will be good for fitting a 6000k hids in and not glaring others??

Sorry if I sound a bit ignorant about it but i'm new to this and want to get the best answer :) Cheers

Your best bet is to buy a set of xenon headlamps that have the xenon projectors because any other headlamp will create that glare no matter the colour the hids

Your best bet is to buy a set of xenon headlamps that have the xenon projectors because any other headlamp will create that glare no matter the colour the hids

jgriff.. Im more than happy to do that, now all I need is some sort of guidance where i can get those?? Any links would be more than appreciated :)

Given the chat on the angel eyes headlights looking chavvy, well, that's really a matter of personal taste and opinion... I thought a fusion of OE headlights plus a hint of that "angel eye" look might be the order of the day....

The pro's... To acheive the look, there's minimum spend, a few LED strips from e-bay is only a few quid, so if the desired look isn't acheived, all you've lost is the cost of a ham butty, plus some of your own time...

I had a "play" with a few spare old LED strips... Love em or hate em, i think the finished results are discreet enough to get away with....

I whipped out the headlights, after looking for a suitable mounting point for the strips, i decided to mount them angled backwards, at an angle, in the hope of illuminating the bottom lip of the factory lights, i'm not that keen on the "in your face" glare of the very bright strips head on...

My Car has the ST bumpers fitted, there is a rearward angled 45 degree lip conveniently situated directly below the headlights....

DSC00196-2.jpg

I used Autoglym intensive tar remover to clean, and de-silicone the are so the strips would stick well...

Here's the strip stuck on awaiting tapping in to the car sidelights....

On my car, plug 6 is earth (-ve) plug 4 is live (-ve) on both sides.

Strip attached and powered up....

DSC00194-4.jpg

I aided the sticking process by warming the bumper, and strip with a hairdryer, and carefully stuck the strips slowly... You can't be too rough with the sticking down as the internal wiring/cicuitry is extremely thin and fragile....

The results....

DSC00192-3.jpg

DSC00182-4.jpg

DSC00178-2.jpg

DSC00188-5.jpg

DSC00189-4.jpg

DSC00190-3.jpg

DSC00193-3.jpg

And if with time i decide i don't like them, it'll take about 10 minutes to whip them back off again B)

I do not know if it is legal in UK, so will not say about this aspect of fitting HID in standard halogen lights.

Glare caused by HID in focus headlights is most probably the effect of using wrong kind of xenon bulb. Xenon headlights with lens require D2S bulb (most of the cars), while xenon headlights without lens, reflector type - D2R (example - Nissan Primera P12, Renault Laguna, some Volvo and Mercedes)

d2sr.jpg.

You can see the difference on the photo above. D2R has additional metal stripe that blocks the light in some directions in order to form proper headlight light beam and avoid glare. It can not be done by headlights reflector so manufacturers use combination of reflector and proper xenon bulb.

Xenon headlights with lens have build in shutter (not sure if this is the right word) - that forms the lights beam on its own and therefore use of D2R is not required. Very often mentioned shutter allows to switch light from RHD to LHD.

So it might be worth trying to fit in Focus standard headlights HID with H7R xenon bulb (D2R will not fit I'm affraid) to check it.

Regarding genuine xenon lights - take a look at eBay. On the other hand do you really need xenon light? Focus has very good lights, just use good bulbs and the light output is stunning. ukpgillad you have dark / black car, it would look great with zetec headlights with black inner trim. They will improve the look and you can get pair for about 50-60 quid from eBay. But... it is all up to you.

Regarding genuine xenon lights - take a look at ebay. On the other hand do you really need xenon light? Focus has very good lights, just use good bulbs and the light output is stunning. ukpgillad you have dark / black car, it would look great with zetec headlights with black inner trim. They will improve the look and you can get pair for about 50-60 quid from ebay. But... it is all up to you.

I always wondered that, but had them on my previous car which was the R32 golf and that was just ...WOW :-) They gave out really good light and it looked awesome. Cheers for that Pidu, will have a look on eBay and see what I can come up with. Will keep you posted anyway!! :)

@Bigdaddycain - Your car looks fantastic, especially loving the ST kit. Any chance you can tell where you got yours from?? :P

Cheers Phil...The ST bumpers? Second hand from E-bay... It turned out i paid the same for the second hand bits as i would have paid for identical new parts from my local ford dealer though... :wacko:

Cheers Phil...The ST bumpers? Second hand from E-bay... It turned out i paid the same for the second hand bits as i would have paid for identical new parts from my local ford dealer though... :wacko:

Fleecing beggars.

To be fair to Ford Clive, i really should have checked the prices with my local dealer first mate... Lazyness on my part really i suppose :wacko:

Ah that's really unlucky mate!! Now that i know that I will make a trip to the ford dealership and just find out if they can sort me out with some ST bumpers cuz I must say you did a fantastic job with your car. And the lights... Speechless :-D It's great to see the focuses in their full pride. I actually went to my local dealership there last week and asked them would they be able to supply me with a set of ST projector headlamps as my standard ones are not the best for the HID Kit, but they said they don't usually provide them!! <_< Did a major research on the internet and found 1 or maybe 2 sets of decent ST headlamps but the thing that's still puzzling me is whether they would be just simple plug and play direct replacement or would I have to play around with the wiring.. It doesn't clarify this in the sales description so will have to contact the sales dude :rolleyes:

Cheers for the compliments mate... Yup, i've been seriously thinking along the lines of trying factory focus projector headlights, then upgrading them with a HID Kit from e-bay or wherever... I fitted an aftermarket kit into my Ford Freda, the difference in light output is staggering! (especially on wet roads) :blink:

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00194-4.jpg

DSC00190-3.jpg

DSC00193-3.jpg

And if with time i decide i don't like them, it'll take about 10 minutes to whip them back off again B)

they look good but see how they look with putting some tape over every other LED, think they'd be better with more spacing in them.

• 10 years later...

Good Evening

Sorry to jump in on this post but am wondering if there is anywhere i can get angel halo projector lights for a 2008 focus facelift model..it is the zetec model of focus..1.6  TDCI

Many Thanks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jamesowba said:

Good Evening

Sorry to jump in on this post but am wondering if there is anywhere i can get angel halo projector lights for a 2008 focus facelift model..it is the zetec model of focus..1.6  TDCI

Many Thanks

TBF i've been debating retrofitting Halo's on my 2007. Been watching the vids re. splitting headlight units "oven job" and looking at prices on Aliexpress for the kits. but possibly above my skill set. Still not upgraded my cluster as still too nervous.

15 hours ago, jamesowba said:

Good Evening

Many Thanks

There are quite a few on eBay...but they look pretty cheap & tacky tbh.  Especially the chrome bezel versions. :unsure:  I had a set of super rare ABM angels on a previous car so I'm not against them when done right.

These look quite nice.  Just a shame they don't appear to ship to UK.  angel eye headlights Ford Focus Mk2 08-11 CCFL-halo rims black - tuning online kaufen (sw-tuning.de)

• Like 1