Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning The Car In The Rain

Wickwick10_1

I know my neighbours probably think I am mad but I have to say cleaning the car in the rain seems so much easier ! Am I the only idiot who does this lol ???

e04b3f62.jpg

That might be a Yes :)

It also show commitment 🚗

Hi you are not alone I have on numerous occassions washed mine in the rain and freezing cold and sometimes asked myself why? - well keeps me busy and gives me something to do over the weekend.

I find it tends to dry much better in the rain. No water marks that would get from rinsing only with a hose.

You get damp but saves you having to chamois!

(PS - Just finished washing mine in the rain....)

youre not alone mate i do it a lot as well makes the job a lot easier

Certainly NOT alone. I wash the cars in the rain quite often....ONLY us smart ones know why !

No water marks, less water, better finish.....As well as the Focus I have an Omega...and THAT normally requires a ton of water !

Certainly NOT alone. I wash the cars in the rain quite often....ONLY us smart ones know why !

No water marks, less water, better finish.....As well as the Focus I have an Omega...and THAT normally requires a ton of water !

Well Omega ! You think that's bad , I have my white focus - mrs white fiesta and daughter got a white KA !!! Guess who cleans all 3 ? Yes me lol

Started mine in the rain today and finished it in snow, not good

But I bet it looks good !

a lot better than it was :)

I do too, as long as it nots raining too much! Much prefer if it starts just as i'm rinsing off. As said above its stops all the horrible water spotting.

It never seems to rain at rinse time (when i could do with nature's help) But you can be sure it'll start raining just before i have to drive it after i've made her sparkle :wacko:

I do it as well! it saves the water streaking as it just gets washed off easy enough! I used to do it all the time! nowadays, I just cant be bothered to wash the car :P lol. When I do it, I try to do it in the rain! (yes I am still referring to washing the car! :P)

You can't apply protection in the rain - in fact you can't cleanse, polish, apply tyre dressing or clean metal in the rain.

However, you can collect rain water in a water butt and use it for rinsing, which gives all the benefits of the rainwater and none of the disadvantages.

I was hoovering mine in hail on Sat afternoon.I just left the hoover on the seat shut the door and ran to the house with hail bouncing of my head.On Sunday I washed it in the cold.

You can't apply protection in the rain - in fact you can't cleanse, polish, apply tyre dressing or clean metal in the rain.

However, you can collect rain water in a water butt and use it for rinsing, which gives all the benefits of the rainwater and none of the disadvantages.

Protection is for summer use and paint protection running up to the winter. Forget rinsing in rain water lol ! The hose all the way rain or shine !

Protection is for summer use and paint protection running up to the winter. Forget rinsing in rain water lol ! The hose all the way rain or shine !

I wouldn't be confident in an acceptable level of protection being maintained all the way through winter - so I always reapply inside on a midwinter detail, couldn't do that in the rain!

I'll stick to using my rainwater - more friendly to the environment, cheaper for those of us on a meter and no water spotting or deposits on the car at all.

Could always wash it in Evian.

:P

Not as ridiculous as it sounds mate, for me anyway as i live in Buxton, and have access to as much mineral water as i need via the tap in town. A few empty bottles and bye bye water spotting. :)

Could always wash it in Evian.

:P

Lol, I love it when people spend £££'s on bottles of Evian... spell Evian backwards... does it tell you anything? :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club