Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sony Mp3 For Mk2 Focus

daveyboy123

Hi.

I am just in process of upgrading the stereo to the new shape sony mp3 head unit (the one with 4 holes to remove stereo, not screw in)

My question is, is it as simple as removing old stereo and putting new one in. the stereo comes with code but it will be from another car. i read somewhere that they can be locked to a car, is that true?

Thanks

It will work just fine as long as you have the radio security code.

The bit you're probably being worried about is only a postcode saved into the radio in case of theft and recovery.

With the radio code you can change it yourself but is not necessary for the functionality of the radio.

Oh right i see thats ok then, yeah seller confirmed the code comes with the unit so i take it that when i turn on for the first time it will just ask for this cose and thats it?

I cant remember where i read it now but someone else who bought one of these with the v number code stated they had to go to ford to get it reprogrammed as it was 'bind' to another car.

Whats peoples views on these stereos? I havent upgraded Speakers. is qualuty of sound noticibly better than the ford 6000cd stereo?

Oh right i see thats ok then, yeah seller confirmed the code comes with the unit so i take it that when i turn on for the first time it will just ask for this cose and thats it?

I cant remember where i read it now but someone else who bought one of these with the v number code stated they had to go to ford to get it reprogrammed as it was 'bind' to another car.

Whats peoples views on these stereos? I havent upgraded speakers. is qualuty of sound noticibly better than the ford 6000cd stereo?

Hi Dave,

i have recently bought a ford sony 6cd changer stereo that was removed from a mk3 mondeo, the sound is way better and the benefits of being able to store 6cd's and change through them is excellent,

but the sony stereo for the mondeo is not fully compatable with the focus, if you have bluetooth in the focus it will not work with the mondeo fitted stereo and the same if you have voice control, or an Aux Port they wont work with the focus if the stereo came from a mondeo.

but if you dont have bluetooth or voice control in your car at the momment then it doesnt matter if the sony stereo you purchase has come from a mondeo,

however if you want a sony stereo for your focus that will work with your voice control, Aux Port and your bluetooth moduile you will need to purchase a sony that has been removed from a focus mate, these stereo's are identical is design but its the firmware that shapes the way it performs and for wont update them. :angry:

i am not aware of any stereo being locked to a specific car though, the only catch with the V serial code is that you have to pay to get one either on eBay or from ford,you just quote the serial number from the stereo and they give you the code, but once you have the code for the stereo its the same code it will require for life any time the battery is changed or stereo removed.

Thanks lenny for clearing that up thats great. the stereo i went for in the end was a newer shape stereo but is only single disc. i couldnt see any 6 disc 'newer' designs for sale when i bought it.

Thanks again :-)

Thanks lenny for clearing that up thats great. the stereo i went for in the end was a newer shape stereo but is only single disc. i couldnt see any 6 disc 'newer' designs for sale when i bought it.

Thanks again :-)

no problem mate,

ive got a newer shape 6cd sony for sale at the momment for £250 including postage via courrier with tracking number, its in excellent condition supplied with manual and v serial code if anyone is interested.

Image1510.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club