Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Key

soper1981

Hi, Just bought myself a nice 2005 MK1 Focus, it came with one key (3 button type). I can obtain another 3 button type but can it be programmed to the car if I follow the sequence described in the handbook (turn key 4 times pos 1-3)

Thanks

The procedure in the book is for reconnecting a key that is already programmed to the car.

A new key will need to be programmed to the car.

Hi, yes you can, links for progamming can be found on the internet.

yes you can but it will not start it has to be programed

Hi, Just bought myself a nice 2005 MK1 Focus, it came with one key (3 button type). I can obtain another 3 button type but can it be programmed to the car if I follow the sequence described in the handbook (turn key 4 times pos 1-3)

Thanks

Short answer - no - sorry you need two keys to add more on the Mk1, i'm afraid it's either a Dealer job or an Auto Locksmith.

Dealer will charge loads and don't like doing self acquired keys, they will most likely insist you buy one of theirs - at high price.

Auto Locksmiths will charge less and will do self acquired keys but majke sure they are adding a key and not just cloning the settings from one key to another - that can cause problems if you want to add another key later on as the car will not recognise your keys as two seperate ones but the same key inserted twice.

Lock smith will do in 10 minutes tops what a Dealer will quote 3 hours for - plug into the OBD and add the key but ford also try to push diagnostics you don't need too and charge about £90 or so for the pleasure.

Hi, yes you can, links for progamming can be found on the internet.

Only with two original keys mate.

call an auto locksmith that does homers youll find they will supply a key and remote and code it to the car for you for far less than the dealers once this is done you can programme other keys ytoureself or buy a remote key with blank key and transponder from eBay and then get it cut and programmed