Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Idiots On Motorways

btmaldon

I cant believe the idiot in a Mk 7 Fiesta today. When joining the M6 from the M54 he decided he didnt want to stay on the slip road and pulled across the hatchings to join the M6.

In the process he has thrown up loads of rubbish and what was my immaculate Focus is now peppered with stone chips.

A Fiat he pulled in front of immediately pulled off the motorway on to the hard shoulder as the plonker who doesnt know how to drive on motorways must have damaged his screen in the process.

The things you see when you havent got a gun.

I'm sorry to hear that your car has been damaged, and it really annoys me that these things happen as a direct result of someone else's impatience/selfishness. People really don't think... or rather, don't care. :angry:

I hope it hasn't tainted your love for the car too much.

Sorry to hear this mate, Really hate those who cut acorss the hatched areas..

If it were me, and i knew my car had been damaged i would have pulled in along with the Fiat and possibly reported it to the police.. ok you might not get your car fixed but 2 witnesses to dangerous driving or whatever it would come under? just my opinion

Thanks guys. Its just so anoying that you do everything to protect your car, like parking it in such a way no one opens a door on it etc and then you get idiots like that. I only noticed the mess he had made to mine when I cleaned once I got home. It had 450 miles of motorway grime on it from the trip and it had been snowing in Shropshire this morning, so a lot of salt to remove.

Well I think its time for the touch up paint with a cocktail stick. 5,800 miles on the clock and more chips than a 58,000 miler.

Gutted for you mate... Pity the police never seem to be lurking when these clowns pull these little stunts... Was the hatched area housed within a solid white line? (no crossing under ANY circumstances).

I'm a courier by trade, and i see more and more solid white line crossing, and hurried overtaking off slip roads across hatchings... I bet the numpty came off at the very next junction too eh? :angry:

Unfortunately though, they tend to behave themselves if you're about in a marked car (i suppose?)

It's funny watching all the 90mph merchants hit the brakes in hoardes when there is one of those motorway maintenance vehicles trundling up the M-way at night...they're going so fast they assume it's the reflective markings of a traffic officer! :lol:

It's funny how if i drive around a city at 25mph nobody will overtake me.

Sometimes if i'm bored i'll select a car (usually a chavmobile) and follow it for a bit.

Amazing how carefully they drive then.

Usually see a flurry of seatbelts going on and strange cigarettes flying out of windows.

Anyone ever seen the film Super Troopers?

It's not that bad in reality but wind up's keep us occupied.

You need to watch the "Coppers" programme on TV, that's the real police not the posing ones on other programmes.

traffic officer!

do they have rights to pull people for speeding and other offences? I saw one parked on a bridge on the M6 on tuesday but not in a sensible place to put a camera but I am interested if they can setup cameras?

I saw a stupid kid in a car drive over a pavement off a dual carriage way (A500) because he missed his junc! I thought he had crashed but went over it and kept going. stupid because the next junc isnt far and doesn't take long to tail back. add on 5min max to his trip.

Thanks guys. Its just so anoying that you do everything to protect your car, like parking it in such a way no one opens a door on it etc

Don't get me started on the 'door opening damage' subject ! Like you I try to park away from other cars and avoid tight spaces then some idiot comes and parks right next to you, very close. I avoid parking next to cars with baby seats in the back as parents will open their doors as far as they can to get the youngster out (don't get me wrong parents, I have got child seats in the back of my car but take great care when opening the doors).

On numerous occassions I have had people bump my car with their door even when I am sitting in it ! One elderly chap denied it even when I pointed out the mark !

It's funny how if i drive around a city at 25mph nobody will overtake me.

Sometimes if i'm bored i'll select a car (usually a chavmobile) and follow it for a bit.

Amazing how carefully they drive then.

Usually see a flurry of seatbelts going on and strange cigarettes flying out of windows.

Anyone ever seen the film Super Troopers?

It's not that bad in reality but wind up's keep us occupied.

You need to watch the "Coppers" programme on TV, that's the real police not the posing ones on other programmes.

I done something similar the otherday, my boy was tired and wouldnt go to sleep (hes only 9 months) so chucked him the mondeo and went for a drive, saw a suspicous looking van so followed it and he clocked on and gunned it on the dual carraigway, i kept following and he turned into and a estate, i followed them down a dead end road and watched them all jump out and leg it..... was hilarious, they even left the door open on the van hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

Gutted for you mate, one can only hope this nob gets his come uppance.

Thats really bad driving on their part! Hope you are ok.

A friend of mine was on the A27 Eastbound yesterday and some moron merged lanes when he was overtaking at 55mph, the moron was only doing 40! On a national limit road! !Removed! dangerous! gets my blood boiling!

So many times I have been tempted to buy cheap camera's and install them front and rear, just to record these pratts. I could have got hundreds done for something or other over my driving career, if only I had the evidence!!!

I did it once before, but because the footage was grainy on my phone, and I didnt get the speed camera, the police couldnt do anything about it, he was driving straight at me, the wrong way down a one way system, then jumped the curb and flew out whilst casting ME the V because I dared to drive legally!

Bar stools!

as for Z3 Man, not bad! lucky you that they all legged it though! did you get the policethere, and confiscate the keys or what?

Stoney, Im quite a fan of Police Interceptors and Coppers, so much humour!!!

Wasnt that long ago that they were filming in my neck of the woods, in Medway B)

Btmaldon.

He might get whats coming to him as i know that junction is cover by at least 3 camera's

Its a pity a Scania didn't put him where he belongs , up the grass verge.

Nothing worse than these morons , probably got his little buddies with him "look at me i can do this"

Hope the damage is easy fixable m8.

Btmaldon.

He might get whats coming to him as i know that junction is cover by at least 3 camera's

Its a pity a Scania didn't put him where he belongs , up the grass verge.

Nothing worse than these morons , probably got his little buddies with him "look at me i can do this"

Hope the damage is easy fixable m8.

Cheers mate. Ive touched in all the chips and being black it doesnt look to bad. Need to get a good coat of wax on it.

I like Jeebo's idea of the camera. There are loads on eBay. I might treat myself to one then post the idiots up on Youtube.

If you have an Android phone , there is an App out there for exactly that and it works rather well.

I have used it and its great.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dailyroads.v&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwiY29tLmRhaWx5cm9hZHMudiJd

Stoney, Im quite a fan of Police Interceptors and Coppers, so much humour!!!

Wasnt that long ago that they were filming in my neck of the woods, in Medway B)

Coppers is more of a true representation of what it's really like, you need a really robust sense of humour at times to cope with what happens on some duties.

Interceptors is ok but a lot of that is showboating for the cameras.

I would quite like coppers to film in my area, I'd love to do a bit to camera on it but knowing my twisted sense of humour, they would probably keep me well away from the film crew.

Did you see the episode when they were following the dog units? Definitely a good representation of what it's really like.

Coppers is more of a true representation of what it's really like, you need a really robust sense of humour at times to cope with what happens on some duties.

Interceptors is ok but a lot of that is showboating for the cameras.

I would quite like coppers to film in my area, I'd love to do a bit to camera on it but knowing my twisted sense of humour, they would probably keep me well away from the film crew.

Did you see the episode when they were following the dog units? Definitely a good representation of what it's really like.

Yeah I seen the dogs one, really good watch that was.

my V+ broke so I lost the more recent series, I saw the first one through and through, but looking to catch up on the second series!

If I had the spare few quid, I would definately fit camera's discretely. But I would buy something spec enough that the number plates could be clear! If the police need evidence, I would happily give them it!

The cameras we use for ANPR are made by a company called Pips and have a constant infra red strobe running.

The system can read a rear plate from 500 metres and front from 600 metres.

It's the best tool we have.

Sorry to hear about the damage chap. :( I hate people who have no respect for any one elses property. I parked my Rover in a car park out of the way and for some reason a Range Rover parked next to me and still managed to leave a dent in my door... :(

I was travelling home today on the M4 from Wales and saw a Mk7 Fiesta do the same thing, except a lorry clipped him and spun him into a barrier... I stopped along with the truck but the idiot was cursing and swearing at the driver, though the lorry driver pointed to a camera in his front windscreen... He soon shut up and sat aside the fence waiting for Police.

Sorry to hear about the damage chap. :( I hate people who have no respect for any one elses property. I parked my Rover in a car park out of the way and for some reason a Range Rover parked next to me and still managed to leave a dent in my door... :(

I was travelling home today on the M4 from Wales and saw a Mk7 Fiesta do the same thing, except a lorry clipped him and spun him into a barrier... I stopped along with the truck but the idiot was cursing and swearing at the driver, though the lorry driver pointed to a camera in his front windscreen... He soon shut up and sat aside the fence waiting for Police.

Nice one. Wish I'd seen that

Nice one. Wish I'd seen that

It was rather amusing to be fair. Should of asked the driver of the lorry for a copy!

lol, I love it when they realise they are in for the chop!

Maybe we should be vigalante's - all get camera's fitted, and see what we can get caught on tape! send it in, get them done, and share the footage with each other for a laugh a day :P lol

Disrespect really peeves me off. I took the Mrs to Argos recently, I was in the car as the little one was asleep, so off she totted. I was sat in an empty car park, and this fiesta pushes along side me. the guy gets out, and wacks his door straight into my mirror, I get out

"Excuse me?"

"What!"

"Well you just smacked your door into my wing mirror"

"And!?"

"Well a bit of courtesy would be nice, an apology, or even a bit of care for someone elses property"

*stands there looking blankly at me, as if I just spoke german*

"What, nothing? So you clearly dont care, but you have an open car park, you choose to drop your car next to mine, and you smack my car, but dont have the respect to apologise"

"So!"

*I walk roung to my passenger door*

"What are you doing"

"Oh, well I figure you dont care, so how about I do the same?"

"You F'in dare...!"

"What? your fine to hit mine but not yours?"

*His wife grabs hold of him and starts shouting at him, apologises to me, and tells him if I do smack his car its his own F'in fault! then pushes him into the shop with another apology to me*

Complete disrespect, disregard, and idiot behaviour...

...I then took great pleasure in loudly announcing across the car park as he entered Argos that his flies where down, to find that most of Argos looked at him, and he suddenly covered his "dignity" and went very quiet...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club