Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Program My Focus To Lock The Doors Automatically?

jayneybabi

hi im new here so hi :)

hoping one of you can help as rang a ford dealer and they seem to not have a clue... or arnold clark trying to take my car off me for the day..

i have a ford focus titanium 60 plate (push start button)

i want the doors to autolock when i drive off instead of pressing it myself.. i know a few of yous want it turned off so hoping someone has managed to do it on a 2010 car. Seen some posts for 2006 models and tried that but doesnt seem to work. Has anyone got the code to do for the 2010 model or is it a thing for the diagnostics?

let me know please thanks :)

This has been extensively discussed just recently. It seems that the Mk2.5 does not have this option. It may be possible for Ford to programme it into the GEM unit but it is not possible to do it yourself like you could with older Fords.

oh really :( ford seem bit clueless one said think can be done for like £50 probs not worth it tho

It probably can be done via a Dealer but TBH most of them only know how to re-flash firmware and don't have much of a clue how to add or delete settings from the GEM or ECU.

Second thing is , the Auto lock is after 5mph so its not a security feature as if you stop they would un-lock.

Other option is to get into the habbit of manually locking as you close the door , something i have not tried though , is if you lock position One , with a passive key inside,would the key on a Keyless entry allow the door to be opened !

I will have to investigate more

the Auto lock is after 5mph so its not a security feature as if you stop they would un-lock.

I don't think so. The whole point of Autolock is anti-intruder/anti-hijack which means it is at its most most vital when you are stopped!

It should lock at 5mph and stay locked until you go to open a door (or have an accident!).

I don't think so. The whole point of Autolock is anti-intruder/anti-hijack which means it is at its most most vital when you are stopped!

It should lock at 5mph and stay locked until you go to open a door (or have an accident!).

I have never had it so don't know the full effect's of it , but i have been in other cars which have auto lock and when you stop they open.

The system in the older Fords did not unlock when you stopped. However if you opened a door from inside when the engine was still running, they would unlock and would not re-lock automatically until you turned the ignition off and then started up and drove off again.

my auto lock kicks in at 10mph, and doesnt unlock until I a ) crash and deploy airbags b ) try to open a door c ) stay under 10mph and press the unlock key d ) stop the car and take the key out of the ignition.

If I try to lock unlock my car it then locks again immedaitely if I am above 10mph

my auto lock kicks in at 10mph, and doesnt unlock until I a ) crash and deploy airbags b ) try to open a door c ) stay under 10mph and press the unlock key d ) stop the car and take the key out of the ignition.

If I try to lock unlock my car it then locks again immedaitely if I am above 10mph

Sounds like a much better system than the old Ford one. Especially as it re-locks without having to turn the ignition off.

yeah, as long as you exceed 10mph it will auto lock, its certainly a handy little feature, however it lacks the anti hijack the focus has, where you can unlock driver door only, and not the rest...

• 3 years later...

i am trying to find the autolock door option for enable with my elm 327 and i can't find it .Which module to look for my focus 2006?

• 3 weeks later...

Ive had auto lock on nearly every car I've owned, so it has weirded me out a bit, but I'm kinda getting used to locking the doors automatically now when I drive off...

I always make sure I tell my wife to lock her doors when she leaves the house.... Too many nutters out there!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club