Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ring Tone From The Dash. Ideas Please.

NorthSussex

This morning I unlocked the car, opened the front passenger door and left it open whilst loading, after about 15 seconds a ringing sound like a mobile phone ring tone started to come from the dash-board, this went for about 30 seconds then stopped, the key was not in the ignition. The only thing I can think of is that it may be some sort of low temperature warning as the air temperature was 6 degrees C, no warning light was displayed but there was an occasional single tone from the dashboard for the first 10 minutes of driving as the temperature varied from 4 to 7 degrees C.

Any other ideas?

the low temp tone will sound from 4 degrees and under over 4.5 it doesnt come on but you would have had the orange snowflake on the dash

the low temp tone will sound from 4 degrees and under over 4.5 it doesnt come on but you would have had the orange snowflake on the dash

No orange snow flake, but the ignition was not on, so it would not show.

mines the pre facelift but you shouldnt get those tones without the ignition on when the doors open only noise you would get is if you left or knocked the lights on

Lights not on, and not the tone from the lights on warning, it's was more like a ring tone, as I have only had the car a month so I will have a good look around to make sure the previous owner has not left a phone somewhere in the car, but a mobile phone battery should not last that long.

Could it be something to do with the Sony radio? It has some buttons with a phone symbol on?

Maybe the door Ajar warning tone , i will have to try it one day , i know some times mine makes extra bleeps if the key is not near and the door is open.

never heard a bleep for the temp though only the snow flake symbols orange and then red.

never heard a bleep for the temp though only the snow flake symbols orange and then red.

The warning for temperature drops can be quite surprising when driving.

This morning I unlocked the car, opened the front passenger door and left it open whilst loading, after about 15 seconds a ringing sound like a mobile phone ring tone started to come from the dash-board, this went for about 30 seconds then stopped, the key was not in the ignition. The only thing I can think of is that it may be some sort of low temperature warning as the air temperature was 6 degrees C, no warning light was displayed but there was an occasional single tone from the dashboard for the first 10 minutes of driving as the temperature varied from 4 to 7 degrees C.

Any other ideas?

Norman - On the Mk2 you can turn off audible alerts, maybe you can do that on yours and see if it's something other than the car - maybe bluetooth or similar.

The warning for temperature drops can be quite surprising when driving.

I have never heard audio bleep for temp on mine , only the Orange and then Red , but no sound.

Not that i want it to sound lol

with the mk2 in the dash menu you have the choice to turn chimes on or off that way you get a beep when the temp drops and the symbol

I can turn the Chimes off , but i don't get a bleep on Temp warning. TBH i wish i could turn the Temp symbols off as well they are a pain at night constantly glaring out .

I tried to replicate the ring tone this morning, it did not happen this time, but the air temperature was higher.

I have been through the focus book and checked all the settings and tones and know what to expect, but this one is not listed.

Could it be J.C. (the one that CAN walk on water) trying to contact me?

I tried to replicate the ring tone this morning, it did not happen this time, but the air temperature was higher.

I have been through the focus book and checked all the settings and tones and know what to expect, but this one is not listed.

Could it be J.C. (the one that CAN walk on water) trying to contact me?

Was your mobile phone down the side of the seat ? Lol

Did you unlock the car manually or keyless?

Manual unlock sounds a countdown (until the key is put in and turned) for 12 seconds before the alarm goes off.

Just a thought.

Was your mobile phone down the side of the seat ? Lol

No that's the first thong I looked for.

Manual unlock sounds a countdown (until the key is put in and turned) for 12 seconds before the alarm goes off.

Just a thought.

Unlocked from the key fob remotely, I followed the same procedure this morning when it did not sound .

No that's the first thong I looked for.

Class mate "THONG"

Class mate "THONG"

Sorry, you lost me on that one, but I'm happy to learn something new every day.

lol, translated "Class mate" = "Brilliant mate"...

Otherwise he was saying "Thats brilliant mate, "thong" - lol"

lol, translated "Class mate" = "Brilliant mate"...

Otherwise he was saying "Thats brilliant mate, "thong" - lol"

Cheers, still learning!

Sorry, you lost me on that one, but I'm happy to learn something new every day.

Thing he's referring to your type of underwear !! :)

Thing he's referring to your type of underwear !! :)

Why would he want to Know? Better keep an eye on Chris Wickwick10-1. (Don't turn your back!). :o

Just a thought.

Any idea why it does this, and can it be stopped?

Mrs Pimonster used the manual key the other week and reported a beeping just like this but I didn't know what it was.

Any idea why it does this, and can it be stopped?

Mrs Pimonster used the manual key the other week and reported a beeping just like this but I didn't know what it was.

It's just the way the alarm works.

It ensures the passive key is not one that has been cut by someone not authorised to access the car.

It is verifying that the key is properly for the car as with a passive key there is no electronic interaction involved in opening the car.

It's just the way the alarm works.

It ensures the passive key is not one that has been cut by someone not authorised to access the car.

It is verifying that the key is properly for the car as with a passive key there is no electronic interaction involved in opening the car.

Interesting, thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club