Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Amazing Focus!

AlanW

Well I've had my new Focus 1.6 EcoBoost just over a week now, and I am gob smacked by it, it is indeed a truly incredible car in so many ways.

I admit that I was worried that the Mondeo ST I had before hand was going to be a hard car to top, but blimey the Focus has knocked it into a cocked hat to be honest.

Everything about it is just briliant, apart from all the electronics. Dont get me wrong its great having so many toys to play wth, but I bet its gonna be a nightmare when they go wrong. I will also admit that the auto stop/start function is taking some getting used to.

But the auto parking is a great party trick and really have to be seem to be beleived. But isnt it taking it all a bit to far, isnt this part of being able to drive a car?

Also not sure about the need to have things on voice command, its only something else to go wrong IMHO?

Although with just 70 miles on the clock I had a self tapping screw go into the N/S/R tyre, which thankfully it was repairable. Then blow me down if three days later I get another puncture on the opposite side! Again thankfully that was also repaired as well....phew!

I now have 240 miles on the clock and the MPG is still slowly improving each time I use the car, its on 35.2 mpg at the moment, so another 10mpg and I'll be happy.

Oh I'm already obsessed with the new focus. I want one even more after reading reviews like this.

I'd love to perform the active park assist trick whenever I had new passengers in. lol

Glad you're enjoying your new car.

Paul :)

Having a new car is scary, keep it away from Supermarket car parks, you don't want to have your lovely new car dinged.

Good luck with it and enjoy!

Having a new car is scary, keep it away from Supermarket car parks, you don't want to have your lovely new car dinged.

Tell me about it, I already have a stone chip about 2mm in diameter right down to bare metal in the centre of the bonnet!! :angry: I had to overtake a feckin' tipper truck and I saw the stone flick up and fly towards me, but was powerless to avoid it. I even saw the god dam thing make contact with the bonnet.... :o

The car is going back to the dealers shortly to see what they can do with it, other than respraying the whole bonnet. Which if I'm honest, I'm not 100% keen on that idea.

I now have 240 miles on the clock and the MPG is still slowly improving each time I use the car, its on 35.2 mpg at the moment, so another 10mpg and I'll be happy.

Good luck with that. My fuel computer is stuck on 47.1 mpg and that's on the 1.6 TDCI (Stop/Start). And that's with mostly motorway & A Road driving at normal speeds.

Good luck with that. My fuel computer is stuck on 47.1 mpg and that's on the 1.6 TDCI (Stop/Start). And that's with mostly motorway & A Road driving at normal speeds.

That makes my 1.8 petrol estate at 40mpg fully laden on A & B roads no motorway driving not look too dusty.

I will also admit that the auto stop/start function is taking some getting used to.

It took me ages to start 'trusting' it, I used to jump in the car and turn it off each time. I was always worried it would shut off and then not restart when the lights went green or whatever. Use it alot on my commute now though.

Also not sure about the need to have things on voice command, its only something else to go wrong IMHO?

Agreed! Once you get over the initial "Look, my car can talk", it's quicker just to press buttons yourself.

They are great cars and I'm glad you're not disappointed. Mine is a year old already and booked in for it's first service in a few weeks. I've only had some very minor faults but that said I'm really impressed with the quality :D

not sure why it gets so many rave reviews of all the fords ive driven its better but not great the amount of padding under the floor for soundproofing is truly ridiculous i found the layout of the electonics annoying and fiddly and its not all new, the trim inside is made up of different bits of ford trim, the engines are not new the keyless entry barely worked the stereo controls on the steering wheel are just a pain as is the stereo with so many options you have to look at the screen rather than the road the active grill was faulty and closing when it shouldnt there was a leak in the boot (just goes to show ford dont learn) mine was a brand new courtesy car with 1000 miles on it i had to get another and while there 2 other customers had faults the list was ridiculous faulty keyless entry faulty active grill broken boot lever sat nav switcing off on its own and a leaky rear light cluster as well as paint coming off the front arch.

ide love to say i would stay with ford but ide be lying i wouldnt trade in for one to be honest most of the other companies have got cars just as good out with better warranties yet ford are so confident they are still one of the few to offer 3yr warranties when most are now 5yr or seven

not sure why it gets so many rave reviews of all the fords ive driven its better but not great the amount of padding under the floor for soundproofing is truly ridiculous i found the layout of the electonics annoying and fiddly and its not all new, the trim inside is made up of different bits of ford trim, the engines are not new the keyless entry barely worked the stereo controls on the steering wheel are just a pain as is the stereo with so many options you have to look at the screen rather than the road the active grill was faulty and closing when it shouldnt there was a leak in the boot (just goes to show ford dont learn) mine was a brand new courtesy car with 1000 miles on it i had to get another and while there 2 other customers had faults the list was ridiculous faulty keyless entry faulty active grill broken boot lever sat nav switcing off on its own and a leaky rear light cluster as well as paint coming off the front arch.

ide love to say i would stay with ford but ide be lying i wouldnt trade in for one to be honest most of the other companies have got cars just as good out with better warranties yet ford are so confident they are still one of the few to offer 3yr warranties when most are now 5yr or seven

Best car I have had I must say new focus can't fault it !

but not great the amount of padding under the floor for soundproofing is truly ridiculous

On that subject , whats with the sound proofing inside the wheel arches that is held on with tiny star washers? How long is that going to last after a couple of winters?

Plus, and thats reminds me, does anyone else have a issue with the width of the foot rest adjacent to the clutch pedal?

IMHO its to wide, and I've lost count now how many times I've come to stop and gone to depress the clutch pedal only to discover 3/4 on the way down that my shoe it hitting the foot rest, thus preventing me from fully depressing the clutch.

Its only the shaped padding underneath and is bonded to the carpet so I think that maybe I could reshape it?

But I'm worried about whats going to happen to the then excess carpet when its gone or made narrower?

yeeaaayyyyyy lol :D

As promised, but the photos do NOT do this stunning car any justice what so ever.

focusfront.jpg

focusrear.jpg

That's interesting how many miles has you car done? mines on 45.3mpg mixed town and motorway i've only done 660mile, i was hoping it will be in the mid 50mpg when the engine loosens.

seems like its the old ford luck since some have had no issues some have had more than a few each to there own like i say ide love to stay with ford but they have to buck up there ideas compared to the rest of the market god even ssanyyong offer 5 year warranties lol

I think this is the only car on the road where the estate is better looking than the standard car. Those brake lights on the hatchback just don't look right! Shame we don't get the Sedan in my opinion, that looks great.

I think this is the only car on the road where the estate is better looking than the standard car. Those brake lights on the hatchback just don't look right! Shame we don't get the Sedan in my opinion, that looks great.

yeah the rear of the saloons cud pass as an audi.

I'd take the saloon over the hatch any day, if we got the choice that is.

2012-ford-focus-titanium-rear-three-quarter.jpg

2012-Ford-Focus-Rear.jpg

2012-Ford-Focus-Titanium-5.jpg

I was with you on the lights when I first picked mine up and hated the rear ! But some said that it would grow on me and it has ! Loving it now !

49593156.jpg

That's interesting how many miles has you car done? mines on 45.3mpg mixed town and motorway i've only done 660mile, i was hoping it will be in the mid 50mpg when the engine loosens.

16,500 now. Been back to Ford who downloaded a new 'calibration' and that lifted it from 42mpg to where it is now. I can see over 50mpg if I drive at 55mph on the motorway which seriously pee's other drivers off.

Are you getting that or is the computer just trying to convince you recalibrated suggests its been done due to complaints.

Thats my neighbours 6k mile brand new focus been recalled for the 10th time that doesnt include the 6 faults that cropped up shes going to get me a list of the recalls.

Faults so far engine overheating due to faulty grill flaps they were not opening so no air

Starting issues

Keyless entry not working

Stereo had a mind of its own changing from usb to radio and radio to cd on its own

Abs fault

Power start button takin multiple attempts to start the car sadly she isnt alone in her words shes sick of it and is taking the matter up with dford as she wants rid of the car in her work theres 5 new focuses 3 have had so many issues all are taking the matter up with ford as we speak 2 have been happy other than poorer mpg than expected

Why is it la lately all manufacturers just cant get it together

Are you getting that or is the computer just trying to convince you recalibrated suggests its been done due to complaints.

Thats my neighbours 6k mile brand new focus been recalled for the 10th time that doesnt include the 6 faults that cropped up shes going to get me a list of the recalls.

Faults so far engine overheating due to faulty grill flaps they were not opening so no air

Starting issues

Keyless entry not working

Stereo had a mind of its own changing from usb to radio and radio to cd on its own

Abs fault

Power start button takin multiple attempts to start the car sadly she isnt alone in her words shes sick of it and is taking the matter up with dford as she wants rid of the car in her work theres 5 new focuses 3 have had so many issues all are taking the matter up with ford as we speak 2 have been happy other than poorer mpg than expected

Why is it la lately all manufacturers just cant get it together

Why is your grammar so bad ?

sorry at work using my mobile.

she has told me one of the recalls was for ill fitting doors allowing wind and water into the rear of the car, originally it was the passenger side door but she was called back to get the drivers rear door fixe.

she picks the car up today or tomorrow so will get me the recall list incase anyone else has any issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club