Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 3 Button Flip Key

jane_b

I just want to share my experience with all of you and hope i can help some one

My focus mk 2.5 when i got it it came with 2 keys one normal key with no central locking remote and another one with 3 buttons non flip key

i desperatly wanted a ford flip key but everybody that i ask told me its whery expencive just keep the normal nonflip key

so i spend a loooooong night at the pc on net and discovered a solution :

i bought my flip key from http://www.ebay.com/itm/150740851179?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

then the key with no remote controls on it, open it, brake it in half, take transponder chip out

went to locksmith shop cut it by a laser swap the chips with mine

and then the fun begins

now i have a chip for my car, blade for my car but central locking no

i know that you have to go from position 0 to 2 in 6 sec four times but no one told me that you have to open the door of your car with the new key blade for the programing to work ahaha finily got it

this is a guick learning experience for me about keys and remote controls:D it was fun !!!

Ford would charge the earth for that job.

I think a flip key is somehow more refined and also downright cool too.

yup coooooolll :D

Don't know what it is about flipping a key out but i like it.

That's why i made sure i got one.

Saves making holes in my pockets too.

I was given two flip keys with mine when I bought it. I think they must have been getting rid of the excess spares as the Mk 2.5 came to an end.

Woah hang on here!

Literally about to go and spend €160 on getting a flip key with remote central locking.

I have one straight key with remote central locking.

Could I get a straight non remote key for €60 And then buy a blank flip key and get it cut and swap the transponder?

Does the transponder fit the flip key? Is it not a different shape?

How do you get the new flip key to do remote central locking?

Cheers

I'm assuming that your key is a blade type?

If so get the key i linked and call a local auto locksmith.

They'll cut and code key to immobiliser and locks for far less than Ford.

I have used this guy for keys and he's spot on.

Key has a new unprogrammed transponder which will work just fine.

I use the spare key daily and leave the originals secure at home.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-3-BUTTON-FLIP-KEY-FOCUS-C-MAX-S-MAX-MONDEO-NEW-/200705030215?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ebaf3b847

transponder chip is the same shape if you car is a focus mk2, mk 2.5 you can just swap it or coded to your car if you buy it new if you buy used you can use your chip

and for the central locking system you can do it your self just open the car manualy with your new cut key put the key in ignition barel go from position 0 to 2 4 times you will hear a beep sound pres the buton on the remote for the first and also on your second remote thats it to finish just take the key from the barel

Hi all.

I had two flip type keys supplied with my 08 focus titanium, but have lost the spare key , if i was to buy the key off eBay from the link in the above post, what would i need to do to get the new key to work with my car??, thanks in advance . Mike.

if you buy it from here http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ebaf3b847

thats a brand new key so you need to program you transporder chip cut the blade at locksmith and program the central locking the way i told you:

open the car manualy with your new cut key put the key in ignition barel go from position 0 to 2 4 times you will hear a beep sound pres the buton on the remote for the first and also on your second remote. Thats it! to finish just take the key from the ignition barel

thanks jane-b, will this procedure also link the key to the immobiliser and alarm system, Mike.

thanks jane-b, will this procedure also link the key to the immobiliser and alarm system, Mike.

No, you will need the key added to the ECU via the data port.

Garages or a mobile auto locksmith can do it.

Ford would scalp you for this service.

good one Stoney871 hahahhahaha

yes mike dont go to ford any good locksmith can do it he just need to have the program system for ford

If you have 2 keys that start the car can you not program a new one without the need for hooking up to the data port?

If you have 2 keys that start the car can you not program a new one without the need for hooking up to the data port?

They removed the option in the MK2 and above models.

Takes minutes to do but Ford take forever and whenever I go to them for anything they always insist on running diagnostics.

I only go to them for specific parts now.

• 2 years later...

I have a mk2 with non flip key. I got a new flip key case with plank blade of eBay. Swapped the board and chip from my key into it. Wasn't a perfect fit for the chip. Had key cut at key cutting shop for £6. Blade worked great in the locks but couldnt program it. Swapped all stuff back to my old key worked straight away without programming. Might buy a used flip key and see if the blade from my now empty flip key will fit.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Ford OC mobile app

I got the same mod done myself, total cost was about £50 for a brand new key.

Im now looking at getting a used key and changing the blade for the one I had cut.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club