Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Question

MJW1999

I've used the search, but still can't work it out, so here's my question.

I will be purchasing the mk7 Fiesta Zetec with bluetooth as standard. I also plan to buy a new smartphone, maybe a Galaxy sii or an iPhone. I would like the phone to handle all my songs, calls and SatNav with the sound for each coming through the bluetooth on the stereo. Iss this possible? What do you recommend?

Thanks

for any help

Mjw

If it has bluetooth you will only be able to use it for calls. For streaming audio (ie music and sat nav) you need to have bluetooth and USB. The reason being that USB gives you the upgraded module needed for streaming.

It Fiesta will indeed have the bluetooth, voice and usb pack, so where will it work and what phone would be best.

this is with the USB+Bluetooth (higher module):

with my nokia lumia 800, the bluetooth calls are handled fine (caller ID links to phone's phonebook to display name), the voice dialling works using the car's voice phonebook and the music streams fine, displaying song title and works with the steering controls

you can also get it to read aloud texts and dictate back responses

the iPhone 4S is the same minus the dictation, but i believe the iPhone 4 (non-S) and previous do not display track titles (could be wrong there)

theres more on www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com

this is with the USB+Bluetooth (higher module):

with my nokia lumia 800, the bluetooth calls are handled fine (caller ID links to phone's phonebook to display name), the voice dialling works using the car's voice phonebook and the music streams fine, displaying song title and works with the steering controls

you can also get it to read aloud texts and dictate back responses

the iphone 4S is the same minus the dictation, but i believe the iphone 4 (non-S) and previous do not display track titles (could be wrong there)

theres more on www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com

Just to clarify, the iPhone 4 does display track info :)

Just to clarify, the iPhone 4 does display track info :)

bonza!

Believe it was iOS 5 that enabled this?

You're learning fast Nathan ;)

I can also confirm that the iPhone4 (iOS5) does display the track names. However, I didn't know that the sat nav voice could stream too! I'll have to try that on the way home! :P

what i would like to do is run the sat nav on the phone through the cars Speakers using bluetooth connection, when the phone rings i can except the call, then automatically back to satnav after the call. Would i also be able to have music playing simultaneously with the phones sat nav through bluetooth.

The phone i was hoping to get is the galaxy sii. Is it possible.

When I've had a call come in to the phone via BT while I'm using sat nav on the phone it has lost BT connection a couple of times. If I'm not using sat nav or I get no calls it's always been fine but a couple of time this has happened.

Ive not used sat nav on my phone but when i accidentally enable siri on my iPhone it comes through the Speakers so imagine that when u have anything playing through your phone it should come through the Speakers. Right?!?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club