Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm System

Chris Andrews

Hi,

I have a 2006 ford focus 2.0l tdci and have a problem with the system alarm red light on the dashboard:

Every now and then after starting the car the alarm flashes very fast, I then switch the engine off and restart it and all is fine. I have no other warnings on the dashboard.

I am wondering if the battery needs replacing or not.

Any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks,

Chris

Check the battery, is it the original motorcroft? do the terminals look worn down? could be the original battery and does need to be replaced!

Check the battery, is it the original motorcroft? do the terminals look worn down? could be the original battery and does need to be replaced!

yes it is the original battery so I will check and let you know the outcome.

Many thanks for your help

Chris

Hi,

update: I changed the battery and all is well, so many thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I have to say that was the most complicated battery change I have ever had to do, having to remove the air filter housing as well!

Regards,

Chris

I was fortunate, when I replaced the battery on mine I didnt have to remove the air filter box. But I know how much of a sod the battery location is, on the 1.6 it was half under the windscreen! (not sure if its the same on the 2.0) but either way, I dived in, and just took the battery surround apart, slid the battery in at 45 degrees, and then fastened it up again!

Glad to see that you got it sorted, hopefully not at too much expense?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club