Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Alarm Light

NorthSussex

My old Mondeo had a red flashing light on the dash when the alarm was fully set. On my 2008 Focus I can’t see any light flashing when the alarm is fully set; should there be one?

The alarm does work as I have accidentally set it off a couple of times.

Problem solved.

I had released just the boot to get something out, and then closed the boot and the indicators flashed twice but the immobiliser did not set and the light didn’t flash on the dashboard.

Using the key sets the alarm and immobiliser, but the immobiliser doesn’t re-set if the boot only is unlocked then opened and closed, the key need to be used to set everything.

You learn something new every day.

im at a loss to understanding that one on my mk2 when the cars locked or double locked with the remote the immobiliser light flashes if i open the boot it still flashes and close the boot it still flashes until the key is put in the ignition maybe the newer 2.5 is different

im at a loss to understanding that one on my mk2 when the cars locked or double locked with the remote the immobiliser light flashes if i open the boot it still flashes and close the boot it still flashes until the key is put in the ignition maybe the newer 2.5 is different

My Mk 2.5 works the same as your Mk 2.

My Mk 2.5 works the same as your Mk 2.

Yes it does work as you say; I think last nights malfunction was down to “Pilot Error”.

Thanks for your replies.

Yes it does work as you say; I think last nights malfunction was down to “Pilot Error”.

Thanks for your replies.

I did notice that there is a delay in the boot door locking; this is probably to allow you to retrieve keys accidentally left in the boot. It was always a risk on my old Mondeo that you could lock the keys in the boot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club