Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Driving Songs?

Boydo15

Its late at night, roads are empty, you're behind the wheel of your favourite car. What song is on the radio?

Just drive by Alistair Griffin. Gives me goosebumps everytime!

You might recognize it from the end of the 2010 season of Formula 1 :)

That is a great one isn't it!

At the moment it's these, its from the 2011 film Drive. It's great film with 3 modern 80s style synth songs

College - A real Hero

Desire - Under your spell

Kavinsky & Lovefoxx - Nightcall

I listen to Tupac and that's what's on most of the time haha. If I'm not in the mood for my usual rap music, I listen to Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, The Who and anything in between! Quite a varied taste but in music it's good to listen to anything and everything.

Jeff starship - we built this city or blue oyster cult - dont fear the reaper (very apt on some roads I know! lol)

I personally find fast songs that have a constant beat and also a nice bass that can test the subwoofers capabilities will do the job. Just to name a few, the killers, snow patrol , dj tiesto(his older stuff) and jay z.

This is the thing - Fink

Kashmir - Led Zep

Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz

One of these days - Pink Floyd

Motorhead - Motorhead

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Club Foot - Kasabian

Hometown Glory - Adele

What it Takes - Aerosmith

La Femme D'Argent - Air

Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz

Just a few. Should get you a few miles. :)

Depending on mood........

Motorhead - Line in the sand

Thrillseekers - Syaesthesia

Eric Clapton - Layla

Chicane - Leaving town

Binary Finary - 1999

Example - changed the way you kiss me

I listen to anything really other than drum and bass tbh.

I listen to anything really other than drum and bass tbh.

Too flaming right.

Nothing worse than pulling up at lights and just hearing THUD THUD THUD!

Drives me loopy. :(

Totally agree mate, there's a name for these people at the lights with the music blairing, it rhymes with "shunts" :D

I hate it when your neighbour either sits on the street in their car, with the music like that, or they turn their stereo up as loud as it can go in their house, and you have to listen to their cack!

Shame that there arent rules about music taste and the maximum db level it can reach... most music would be fortunate enough to reach 1db if its lucky!

hotel california eagles

whole of the moon waterboys

bat out of hell/paradise by the dash board lights meatloaf

we come 1/god is a dj/insomnia faithless

tublar bells mike oldfield

the list can grow and grow.

Crime of the Centuary supertramp

The humming chorus from Madame Butterfly

My little town,Art Garfunkal

Avicci - Levels, full blast, need the will to keep awake driving up and down the Dales!

Oh how I love that Avicii music vid! lol, and its not too bad how Taio has mixed it either!

I certainly wouldn't advise playing Plan B's "recluse" loud when on the M6... It magically makes your right foot inch further and further down, right up to the point you notice the Police X5 in the rear view struggling to match your pace... :(

My first ever 3 points.... :blink:

I listen to Tupac and that's what's on most of the time haha. If I'm not in the mood for my usual rap music, I listen to Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, The Who and anything in between! Quite a varied taste but in music it's good to listen to anything and everything.

I quite recently discovered the remix of Tupac's "My block"... Dare i say it, it's even better than "i aint mad at cha" and even better than "dear mama" (and that's saying something!

I certainly wouldn't advise playing Plan B's "recluse" loud when on the M6... It magically makes your right foot inch further and further down, right up to the point you notice the Police X5 in the rear view struggling to match your pace... :(

My first ever 3 points.... :blink:

Tilt, truly sorry to hear that mate. :blink:

May i suggest something more soothing is in order? Maybe Adele or suchlike? ;)

The muppet song! I certainly felt like one when i got my collar felt! :wacko:

Must admit even though i'm supposed to be a paragon of virtue i still get a bit spirited at times.

Probably a good job i carry my issue radio at all times (beauty of being an on-call first response handler) so i know where all the speed traps are hidden. ;)

I mean, AHEM, Er, I do not condone speeding at any time, never any reason to do so. AHEM. <_<

Cool stuff another Tupac fan! I really love some of the newer remixed stuff because people are keeping him alive. I would say some of my favourite tracks are "Life Goes On" and "Unconditional Love" because they show a deeper side to what a lot of people would regard as 'mindless rap' lol.

Dan :D

Autobahn - Kraftwerk !, Because the Night - Patti Smith, Thunder Road - Springsteen, Jessica - The Allman Brothers (for obvious reasons) Bat out of Hell - Meat Loaf, Dead ringer - Meat Loaf, Born to run - Springsteen, Greased Lightning - Grease soundtrack, Timewarp - The Rocky Horror picture show !