Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tomtom Update

NorthSussex

If you use a tomtom be aware.

I have just updated my tomtom on the PC, the speed limit box at the bottom of the display now has such a small font it’s as good as useless, if you rely on this info box don’t do the update.

The latest update on my PVR was also a disaster. Why can’t they leave things alone when they are working OK.

I feel better now I’ve had a rant.

If you use a Tomtom be aware.

I have just updated my Tomtom on the PC, the speed limit box at the bottom of the display now has such a small font it’s as good as useless, if you rely on this info box don’t do the update.

The latest update on my PVR was also a disaster. Why can’t they leave things alone when they are working OK.

I feel better now I’ve had a rant.

Wont it still beep when u are cumin to a town or going onto the motorway even though the it is a small display

Wont it still beep when u are cumin to a town or going onto the motorway even though the it is a small display

Not until you exceed the speed limit by more than 4 MPH that may be too late if plod is following or you hit a speed camera that tomtom doesn’t know about.

Bummer!!! I'm doing the update as we speak!!! Lol

You may be lucky; I am told it effects the tomtom 1 iQ more than the larger screen versions. Please let me know if yours has been degraded on the font size for speed limits as I am in touch with tomtom over this in the hope for a better software update.

Cheers,

Will do mate! I have a tomtom via live... Or someting like that lol

It's one of the widescreen versions

Will do mate! I have a Tomtom via live... Or someting like that lol It's one of the widescreen versions

Ive got a Tom Tom XL Live,

id love one of the top gear models though :)

its carbon wrapped and has jeremy clarkson voice for directions etc.

Ive got a Tom Tom XL Live,

id love one of the top gear models though :)

its carbon wrapped and has jeremy clarkson voice for directions etc.

The only place still likely to have any is Halfords.

Limited edition though as the BBC put their foot down as they don't like the commercial tie-in.

Still have them in my local one but going fast.

....... I am not gonna lie... I dont see any difference on my tomtom since the update...

I guess this is because of the screen size to start with.

Yes, I think the problem may only apply to the smaller screen “TomTom 1 IQ”, I guess tomtom failed to check if the update would degrade the smaller screen models; typical of techies who fail to check all the options. :(

I was aware of the J.C. voice over problem with the BBC; but this has no bearing on the software downgrade forced upon “TomTom 1 IQ” users, causing the displayed road speed limit font being too made small to read without taking your eyes off the road for longer than is safe.

Ok... Had a chance to use it properly now...

Speed camera warnings now come up Bottom left.. With a big speed limit sign... And u can now tarp the warning to say if the camera doesn't exist anymore

Also I have noticed occasionally in the top left, some warning triangles appear... The one I've kept seeing is a red triangle with a car in it surrounded by black diagonal lines...

Have no idea what it means and can't seem to find anything online about it!!!

Ok... Had a chance to use it properly now...

Speed camera warnings now come up Bottom left.. With a big speed limit sign... And u can now tarp the warning to say if the camera doesn't exist anymore

Also I have noticed occasionally in the top left, some warning triangles appear... The one I've kept seeing is a red triangle with a car in it surrounded by black diagonal lines...

Have no idea what it means and can't seem to find anything online about it!!!

Unfortunately it’s not the same on the "tomtom One", mines been completely b****** by the new software.

Found out what those symbols are....

Cant say on my journey the other day I noticed any rain... but its nice of the satnav to try and warn me it may be coming lol!!

post-28356-0-19213900-1330886147_thumb.j

Unfortunately the new software messed up my “TomTom One”

Are you not able to roll the software back to the previous install?

Unfortunately not, I did a silly thing after the update and backed up tomtom, this meant that the back up and the installed software were the same; I wont make that mistake again. I am still waiting for tomtom to resolve this problem, they say they have escalated my complaint, but I’m not holding my breath.

If you had someone with the same type of satnav and an old back up you could crib the rollback from there.

That’s an idea I had thought of, but as yet I haven’t found a “TomTom One iQ” user with the previous back up.

Sign up here, http://gpsunderground.com/forum/, you'll find everything you need. ;)

Thanks for the link, but that is one of the most difficult forums to navigate that I have come across. I gave up in the end. they need to look at this forum for ease of use.

have you checked in tomtom home under manage my device as i have all the previous firmware applications stored there automatically

have you checked in tomtom home under manage my device as i have all the previous firmware applications stored there automatically

Cheers, I will have a look.

Unfortunately that option is not on my tomtom home, only the latest firmware not the previous, but thanks for the suggestion.