Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Drl Lights Ebay.

focuscolin

Hi I've seen the drl lights preee has on his mk2.5 focus ,there great but i can't afford 100 quid plus my Mrs would stab me Lol, so has anyone got any off eBay ? Are they any good ,I know I need ones that are E marked , They look ok and I've seen a few pairs that are slim so I could fit them just above the fog lights.

I have not seen any slim line ones that would fit above the fog light. Alot of the ones on eBay don't actually say if they are Emarked or not.

Second thing to look out for is the direction they are angled at , if you found a slim line one to fit , they would not be pointing forward and would spray the light out towards the sides.This would be ok if you had them go off with side lights and not use them at night.

You are wise to get some with a controller unit that regulates the power to them.

I've just received a set of DRL's with integrated LED indicators... I've powered them up, and the white light is overridden by the indicator (audi style) section when activated... I'm hoping to fit them this coming thurday if the weather holds out... I'll report back here with piccies etc if the fitting turns out ok... The lights were CHEAP so i'm not expecting that much from them really, but we'll see...

Great I'm looking forward to seeing the results ,they sound good mate.

I'll put you out of your misery then Colin! B)

Now to start off with... I've fitted these lights below the bumper, but above the atermarket splitter (the bumper is an ST item) The lights fill the space between splitter and bumper pretty well, and despite the lights "cheapness", they seem pretty fliipin alright! B)

Oh, and they are E-marked too ;)

I've kept the wiring in simple... The "white" light is straight in to the sidelights circuit...The orange (indicator) section, directly in to the relevent indicator circuits.

There are no fancy interfaces, the lights themselves contain all the relevent circuitry... The indicators, (when activated) overides the DRL on that particular light as the indicators flash.

( I did a small video of the lights in action, but i deleted it before i uploaded it to photobucket,as the video wasn't an accurate portrayal of how the lights actually worked... The integrated indicators are LED, whereas the factory indicators are still filament bulbs, so the LED's operate slightly "quicker" than the factory indicators. In real life the timing can only just be made out, in the vid, it was a mile out! I'll do a short updated vid when i've installed some LED indicator bulbs in the Factory headlights so everything is in sync)

I'll let the piccies do the talking now....

Sidelights on (so DRL's on also)

DSC00262-1.jpg

Sidelights still on, but with indicator flashing,so the DRL indicator "takes over" the white light....

DSC00259.jpg

The DRL indicator still works with the sidelights off also (in other words, the white DRL's don't HAVE to be lit for the indicator section to operate)

Quite nifty i think,and quite eyecatching (without being "in your face") B)

DSC00259.jpg

B)

Sweeeet :wub:

DRL's and Indicators all in the one unit, they look fantastic mate.

they look brilliant, although I would have tried to incorporate them into the ST fog grill, would make it more 'factory like' ^_^

Looks very good Ste , and i like the idea of the colour change to indictator as well

Excellent work fella they look great ,right where's my tool box I need to get me some on those.

Ste, how much where these lights and can you provide a link? They look bleedin' good!

Under £20.00 and clearly a good addition, very good find, and thanks for sharing the link, I am strangely tempted by them, just a shame about the funds!

UK Legal Requirements :

Height above the ground must be 250mm and a maximum of 1500mm

source:

http://www.halfords....ment/242326.pdf

Just an observation [don't shoot the messenger] yours don't appear to conform to the legal requirement.

When I was looking into fitting something similar I found height wise I was OK. But fell foul of the requirement that they needed to be a minimum of 400mm apart. So in the end, not wanting to risk invalidating my insurance cover I decided to not bother.

• Like 1

seems a swift movement, to the outer edges of the car might well resolve that little issue!

p.s. Catch, loving the new sig! lol

i would be aware i know for a fact that my mates friend who has a garage and does m.o.ts has failed in his words not mine a few boy racers with there !Removed! lights he has fitted some himself for people and as catch stated there are requirements but some testers ignore them so its really up to the individual i to was going to fit some but the measurements were a bit short so i left it

I got these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09-FORD-FOCUS-4D-Sedan-DRL-WHITE-LED-FOGLIGHT-DAYTIME-RUNNING-LIGHT-LAMPS-/220963630409?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3372756d49#ht_4909wt_1037

fitted to my Zetec S

Including shipping from Taiwan comes to £98.98

They seem to be very similar to the ones shown in preee's guide.

they are E marked, well they have the E mark symbol on the front.

I haven't had any problems with them, although they have a button in the image, for fitting next to heated screen and this didnt come with them but I wasn't too bothered.

• Like 1

i agree with the idea so im gonna look at some for the mk2 and see if i can get the measurements to work out

I got these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_4909wt_1037

fitted to my Zetec S

Including shipping from Taiwan comes to £98.98

They seem to be very similar to the ones shown in preee's guide.

they are E marked, well they have the E mark symbol on the front.

I haven't had any problems with them, although they have a button in the image, for fitting next to heated screen and this didnt come with them but I wasn't too bothered.

I have a set of these on they way mate,

im a bit disapointed to read that the button wont be coming with the kit, but i can use pree's guide for fitting and they will work out fine, hoping to recieve mid next week.

UK Legal Requirements :

Height above the ground must be 250mm and a maximum of 1500mm

source:

http://www.halfords....ment/242326.pdf

Just an observation [don't shoot the messenger] yours don't appear to conform to the legal requirement.

When I was looking into fitting something similar I found height wise I was OK. But fell foul of the requirement that they needed to be a minimum of 400mm apart. So in the end, not wanting to risk invalidating my insurance cover I decided to not bother.

The drl's must be a maximum of 400mm from the outer edge of the car as taken from that Halfords info. I don't think there's a minimum distance between them but I could be wrong.

The drl's must be a maximum of 400mm from the outer edge of the car as taken from that halfords info. I don't think there's a minimum distance between them but I could be wrong.

Now I come to think about it reesmew I think your right, because I've just been out to the car with the tape measure again.

And considering Plan A was:

the only place I reckon they would look right on my Mk2 is in the lower part of the "fish mouth" opening directly below the licence plate.But on measuring it from the outer edge of the car, they fell outside that measurement [500mm] but the height from the ground would have been OK at 300mm.

Plan B:

I then looked at mounting them flush in that black plastic section above the spot light housing. It would have meant not only cutting into that black trim but also in to the plastic bumper behind it. Now I was not 100% sure I would miss the crash bar that is positioned behind the bumper . Then for them to fit flush they would have been pointing not straight in front but slightly to the outside of straight ahead......could they be a nuisance to on coming traffic? Would cutting out the bumper and black trim weaken both when tying to clip the black trim in .

In the end I thought to many what ifs to be considered for the sake of trying to do a mod my car does not really need.

Now considering what artscot79 said re MOT testers, guy who does my servicing also does my MOT testing so I'm 99% sure Plan A would be fine with him.

jeebowhite re the sig,

I just thought if anybody kicks off because they misunderstand my intentions. I can just refer them to my sig instead of resorting to handbags at dawn ;)

• Like 1

What's behind the eye brow on the mk2 , i have seen on one forum where some one fited small round ones in that eye brow and it looked great

The eyebrows on a MK2 basically act purely as bumper trims.

Behind the near side one is just bumper plastic but with enough space for wiring, off side covers the towing eye mounting point.

Pity nobody does a DRL that directly replaces the trim.

yeah i searched high and low but no joy even the trim around the foglight has possibilities only easy place is the gaps in the lower bumper then they look to far down.i found a drl on eBay that switches off automaticly when you switch the headlights on but the mounting is too deep

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club