Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mk2 Focus

MrGrumpy

Nope, simply unclip the gear surround, and pull it off or move it to the side and the pocket simply fitted in place, before you put it in you will notice 2 recesses along the top at the back which is what it slots into and its the gear surround that holds it in place.

Im thinking of where to relocate the 12v cigarette lighter but not sure where yet, still considering moving it next to the the heated rear screen switch

looks good mate, was it hard to fit? and is that a short shifter gear stick and knob you have fitted too?

and looking foward to some pictures of the new rear splitter,

No mate, so simple. it just fell into place literally a minute to unclip the gear surround put it in place and then clip the gear surround back in.

And nope, to my knowledge its standard gear shift, and just a tatty looking Richbrook gear knob :P which i must repolish

Thanks for the info.

Have you got an armrest fitted? If so you could extend toe socket to there.

The switch panel won't fit a socket as there's wires and blanked plugs there.

If you pull it out you'll see what I mean.

Yeah I have an arm rest, dont really want to put one there. but if i have to then i might. I was thinking of drilling a hole in one of the blanks and fitting the socket in there, I have not checked to make sure it will fit as its just an idea.

Because its not the storage bit with the cigarette lighter, its just a hole with a non slip mat.

Recieved my Rear bumper spoiler and it turns out its made by Wolf Racing :D

Heres a picture of what it looks like, and the one i have is the same colour as my car so thats a bonus

IMG_0194.jpg

Recieved my Rear bumper spoiler and it turns out its made by Wolf Racing :D

Heres a picture of what it looks like, and the one i have is the same colour as my car so thats a bonus

IMG_0194.jpg

Looks good mate,

are you getting the rear bumper strip colour coded too ?

Im want too, but to get the colour match with rattle cans is hard, as thats what i tried with my fog light brows.

Im want too, but to get the colour match with rattle cans is hard, as thats what i tried with my fog light brows.

have you tried getting a quote from a body shop mate?

Not yet, Gonna wait until I get hold of a front bumper spoiler, so i can then get the bumper spoilers, roof spoiler and for brows colour coded

Not yet, Gonna wait until I get hold of a front bumper spoiler, so i can then get the bumper spoilers, roof spoiler and for brows colour coded

cool,

will look excellent when complete, and the price of the st rear spoilers has come down mate, since your planning to get the existing one sprayed, for are selling the st ones new for £130 ONO including brake light and water jet. it would go nicely with the rest of your kit. and you can fit it yourself very easy straight swap comes supplied with fitting instructions.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d00992bd0

I have always thought about getting an ST spoiler but keep changing my mind as it gets done a lot. I have got an MS design spoiler mate its not just the standard ;)

Nice car Tom mate, I colour coded my fogs using fizzy cans and i think it turned out ok?

post-31330-0-67041500-1337157023_thumb.j

Just a quick questions, is it hard to remove both the from and rear bumper spiltters? will I have to remove the hole bumper on each?

Just a quick questions, is it hard to remove both the from and rear bumper spiltters? will I have to remove the hole bumper on each?

im not sure how the come off personally but if you require to drill out some ford black head rivets go ahead.

i have 40 of them so i can post you as many as required to refit the splitters

i purchased a pack of 50 ford focus bumper rivets to refit my rear bumper so i have 40 spare.

You dont remove the plastic trim mate, the bumper spoilers attach over the top ;)

Your fog light covers came out great by the looks off it :D

Regarding the colour coding, my cans were from Halfords, and it came out darker than the car, so my guess was that with the car being over 7 years old the colour match wouldnt of been perfect. Ill prob give it another go sometime soon. I did the fog light covers and came out alright as i did them gloss black, but there are a couple of chips on them.

I got my paint from Halfords also, it may that it is a good few years old as you said. Oh right because I was wondering about the black plastic trim under the front and rear bumpers and i wanted to colour code them was just wondering if I had to take them off or if I could just unclip them :)

Cheers Lenny mate, will be in touch if i need them :)

Edited by Focus_IRE

If you want to take them off, you can. But! They are screwed on and i think they are sealed all along the top of the trim as well.. May be best to just spray them whilst on the car just mask off the bumpers the best you can mate.

Sorry to hijack again guys but just a quick question re the fog cover spraying...what sort of prep is involved? Is there any initial sanding required, or do you just dive straight in and get some primer on as a base? Any colour coding I've done in the past involved changing from one colour to another, so I did the whole wet and dry fine sanding process. Just unsure if it's needed on these types of plastic.

Have plans to put an ST kit on mine anyway, but would be tempted to colour code the fogs and rear bumper strip in the mean time.

Cheers in advance!

Yeah you will have to prepare the surface, ensure its smooth, get few layers of primer wait 24 hours get a few coats of colour on and if you want to laquer the trim, wait another 24 hours and get a few coats of that on as well, sanding down between the primer, colour and laquer coats using a fine wet and dry. I was told to put the tins in a bucket of hot water so it warmed the contents up giving you a more even spray instead of spitting.

Thats how i do it anyway :D

I agree with tom on the paintig part but do not put paint into hot water it actuale thins out the paint even tho it looks an even spary, i didnt heat it, i primed, two colour coats and two laquer coats and see how mine turned out :)

Cheers for that lads, doesn't sound too bad then!

I'm guessing none of you know the colour match of Halfords Jeans Blue by any chance? I know you mentioned above that the car itself could have faded at this stage making finding a match near impossible, but having had a quick look on Halfords website they don't seem to do 'Jeans' blue. The other blues however, say they are compatible with numerous Ford paint codes!

I might just get a couple of genuine Ford cans. Bits I'd like to colour are wing mirror caps (I got two different colours as I gathered up the parts to do the indicator mod. Have them carbon wrapped at the minute), the rear bumper strip, the fog covers and was thinkin of gettin a pair of the Mk3 mist washer jets and colour coding those too. Don't think I'd bother doing the valances as I'd like to get the ST kit on later this year anyway. Had thought about doing the spoiler as I couldn't get hold of an ST one, but got an MS design one already in my colour on it's way. The MS valances would be a nice upgrade from the black plastics, and cheaper than the ST kit, but have only ever seen an MS kit come up once on the bay.

Stephen, your fogs have turned out great. I'd be tempted to just colour the upper bit though and maybe do the ribbed bit in a black finish, what you think?

It does look good mate on the silver anyway as i did the top pieces first then did the bottom. I was even trying to copy the ST finish on the bottom by masking off some of the ribs and having it black and silver but never turned out as nice as I imagned so all I did was sprayed the whole lot silver then.

Here is a link for that blue paint mate :) http://www.lifestylefordparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Aerosol_Spray_Paint_1348852

Cheers for that lads, doesn't sound too bad then!

I'm guessing none of you know the colour match of Halfords Jeans Blue by any chance? I know you mentioned above that the car itself could have faded at this stage making finding a match near impossible, but having had a quick look on Halfords website they don't seem to do 'Jeans' blue. The other blues however, say they are compatible with numerous Ford paint codes!

Heres the paint code for Jeans Blue for your Focus

5DVEWWA

Cheers for that mate. I normally get a bit of discount at me local stealers so might pick up a few rattle cans there.

Just to go back to a point in my last post about the MS design kit being uber-rare - there's a comlpete kit on eBay at the min, spoiler, skirts and front and rear valances (just need tailpipe), brand new with all required fitting kits and instructions. There's also a brand new spoiler on it's own. Could be had for a bargain!

EDIT: The full kit seems to have disappeared and isn't in my watched items as being sold either so the seller must have got a decent offer and removed it already!

EDIT 2: Oops...turns out I hadn't added it to my list! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-BODY-KIT-SKIRTS-SPOILER-FITTING-KIT-INSTRUCTIONS-BRAND-NEW-/251066883761?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a74c09eb1

Blimey thats well cheap, if it is genuine!!

I bought a genuine MS roof spoiler brand new in the box with fitting kit for £30

If people know what they are looking for and they spot that, im sure the price will rise over the 6 day listing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club