Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 Starting Problem

Chech

Ok... so I spent nearly all day trying to get my car to start and after searching the internet for answers I fell upon this site and figured that some one might be able to provide an answer.

My car is an N reg, 1.1 petrol, MK3 Fiesta. I tried to start it last night to find that the battery had died (I left my MP3 charger plugged in and my interior light on. Stupid I know) Any way, after failing to jump start it, I gave up and put the battery on to charge over night. I tried to start it again this morning and the it would appear that the battery has had it. So I changed the battery (a near brand new one from my old MK3 Fiesta). Any way, it still wouldn't start. I cleaned to spark plugs (changed 3) and changed the air filter which had some effect but still no luck. It turns over fine but it just seems that no fuel is getting to the spark plugs to actually fire it up properly. I considered the possibility that the fuel pump was gone but after some research, it seems more likely that the immobiliser needs resetting. I have a red master key for this car and I think that it may play some part in this but I really don't know.

If any one has any idea of what else the problem could be or if any one knows how to reset (or even remove) the immobiliser that would really help me out. Thanks

i know it sound silly but check the leads to the battery have a good connection and check that all the leads are connected to the battery i had that problem but unlinke you i went out and forked up for a new battery then found a decent one in the shed lol hope this helps if its not that check the alternator wiring has not rusted and cracked

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club