Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Projectors For Mk2 Bfl

ukphillad

Hey Guys,

Not sure if anyone on here has done this sort of thing before but I really want to get a set of projector headlamps for my 2008 Focus Before Facelift and when I went to the Halfords store the guy advised me to get a set of these. The whole story dates back a couple of weeks ago when I purchased a HID Xenon Kit 6000k and installed it onto the standard headlamps. The job was done by an ex ford mechanic and the kit was one of the best so nothing faulty there. As soon as I drove out that night everyone was flashing their lights at me , apparently the standard headlamps are not suitable for the hids.. So my question is if I order these :

http://www.essexracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=1166

will they be a simple plug and play job into my focus and will they fit in?? I mean im not sure whether the ST had different size headlamps or anything like that. Other question is whether the wiring that I have be the same or will i need to play around with that.

Any input much appreciated guys :)

I have looked into the HID kits before and if you have the standard reflector headlights, not the projectors, you need a H7R xenon bulb

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7r-anti-glare-replacement-hid-bulbs.html

as this basically does the same job that the projector does, of focusing the light

hope this is still useful, save buying new headlamps.

I have looked into the HID kits before and if you have the standard reflector headlights, not the projectors, you need a H7R xenon bulb

http://www.hids4u.co...-hid-bulbs.html

as this basically does the same job that the projector does, of focusing the light

hope this is still useful, save buying new headlamps.

Thanks for that Haz. :)

Will definately have a look into it but in the long run i am going to change the headlamps anyway, the standard ones are really getting on my nerves. The problem is I just got too used to projector headlamps in my previous car and a cheeky HID Kit with 8000k bulbs :-D Miss those days ;)

But thanks anyway ;)

very interested in these headlamps as well since they give a nice look as well. I suppose I can just use my current halogen/hid lights?

Cheers!

item has been discontinued from that store btw, just got an email from customer care

• 2 weeks later...

You will have to drill a hole for the his kit to go through the back of the headlight covering. You've seen mine on my thread and mentioned them. They plug in and play but to work the HID Kit it needs drilling work. If your stuck

Inbox me?

You will have to drill a hole for the his kit to go through the back of the headlight covering. You've seen mine on my thread and mentioned them. They plug in and play but to work the hid kit it needs drilling work. If your stuck

Inbox me?

Cheers for that Anth! Im just after havin a look at them myself. Really not sure of what I wanna do, because I don't wanna destroy the looks of the focus by fitting in angel eyes from the bmw. And the only option I would love to have is get the original ST projectors from Ford but they quoted me 398Euro (circa. 330gbp) for them!! And the guy on the phone said they aren't the st ones they are just the HID headlamps for Focus...need to look more into it :)

Did you lower your latest car or is it standard?? :)

Maybe you should take a look at Depo headlights. They will be much cheaper than genuine. I have used Depo xenon lights with HID Kit in my previous car, light quality was great. They were E marked and had proper xenon marks as well (DC) so I had no problems with police. They had also switch to adjust them (RHD / LHD), most probably headlights for focus will have the same feature.

Here is their catalogue - check page 2.

http://www.depoautolamp.com/asp/pdf/R_FD_FIGO_FOCUS%204D_5D_CC.PDF

Maybe you should take a look at Depo headlights. They will be much cheaper than genuine. I have used Depo xenon lights with HID kit in my previous car, light quality was great. They were E marked and had proper xenon marks as well (DC) so I had no problems with police. They had also switch to adjust them (RHD / LHD), most probably headlights for focus will have the same feature.

Here is their catalogue - check page 2.

http://www.depoautol...%204D_5D_CC.PDF

Cheers for that Peter, much appreciated. Had a look at the link you attached, if i can make sure that they will be legal over in Ireland (ie. RHD and all) i am gonna be buying them like a flash :)

They look much nicer than the freakin angel eyes I had my eyes set on first :P

• 1 month later...

I thought from 2012 if you had an HID Kit fitted without levellers and washers it was an MOT fail as they are illegal?

I really want decent spec lights so any info you have on this would be appreciated :lol:

Firstly, are you sure you had them fitted correctly, as no one has flashed at me with.mine on ? Could be that your beams need adjusting, as they may be shooting owls.

Secondly, the post prior to this one. Yes I've heard about the MOT changes, and it stated as you've mentioned about self leveling lights, and headlights washers. But to be honest, most ain't gonna bother with this in my opinion. Plead insanity if you want lol. Worst case is, take them off for MOT then Pop them back in afterwards. I personally don't see what all the fuss is about. I've had them in my last 5 cars now, and wouldn't be without them again. Much better visabilty and safer.....

• 2 years later...