Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Think My Car Has Wind

Stoney871

Earlier this evening i was proceeding down the M5 near exeter in my work vehicle (Mk2.5 2.0 Focus estate) and all fine.

At 95mph (it's ok, if you check out my profile you'll se i'm allowed to do this) the revs jumped a little, the speed lagged slightly and i left a nice dark grey cloud floating behind my car.

The car carried on fine to 110 mph after that and no problems have become apparrent, car still running well.

Only thing i am trying to figure out is what the hell was it? a misfire or has my car got the farts? :wacko:

Sounds turbo related to me. Maybe the wastegate or something else got stuck momentarily?

Earlier this evening i was proceeding down the M5 near exeter in my work vehicle (Mk2.5 2.0 Focus estate) and all fine.

At 95mph (it's ok, if you check out my profile you'll se i'm allowed to do this) the revs jumped a little, the speed lagged slightly and i left a nice dark grey cloud floating behind my car.

The car carried on fine to 110 mph after that and no problems have become apparrent, car still running well.

Only thing i am trying to figure out is what the hell was it? a misfire or has my car got the farts? :wacko:

I hope it was necessary for you to be travelling at that speed Clive; I’m sure it was, as we all have to obey the law; if not, I would be ever so miffed as I got nicked some years back doing 114 mph on an empty, (apart from 1 unmarked police car) M23 at 1.30 am in the morning, a 4 week ban and £90 fine, not to mention the increase in insurance premiums for the next 5 years; I’m a good boy now and stick to all the speed limits, much to the annoyance of other motorists.

I hope it was necessary for you to be travelling at that speed Clive; I’m sure it was, as we all have to obey the law; if not, I would be ever so miffed as I got nicked some years back doing 114 mph on an empty, (apart from 1 unmarked police car) M23 at 1.30 am in the morning, a 4 week ban and £90 fine, not to mention the increase in insurance premiums for the next 5 years; I’m a good boy now and stick to all the speed limits, much to the annoyance of other motorists.

The speed was risk assessed, authorised and considered necessary in the situation, i was attending a potential firearms incident in the area and rapid deployment was required.

The road was clear, weather and visibility were within guidelines and i am a competent pursuit trained officer as are all in my dog unit.

I don't exceed the posted limits lightly, and if i was to do so in any other situation, when not authorised or when in my personal car i would be liable to (and expect to be ) accountable under law.

Even i am not above it.

So don't copy me children ;)

lol, I so wish I could drive legally at that speed! it would certainly be good fun if nothing else, the thrill, hopefully when you arrived Clive it was a wasted journey!

Anyways, getting back tot he point at hand, I presume this is your batenurg mobile? if so can you provide other details such as mileage? I presume its a TDCI? and being a police mobile, probably going to be in the 60k miles on the odo?

Yep 2.0 with an upgraded clutch and suspension.

It's a 2009 and has about 55k on the clock.

Since I've been using it it's had a new clutch, turbo and two sets of brakes.

The suspension was upgraded due to the extra kit on board and the need for stability at higher speed.

It has a full Sonic Communications radio installation for the Cleartone / Airwaves national radio system, ANPR system and front and rear Provida cameras.

Full boot conversion to a low profile dual dog carry system with a custom made climate control system which does away with the roof vent usually seen on dog transporters.

(better for aerodynamics).

I was originally an armed response officer so tend to work closely with armed response teams.

One benefit to all this is I don't get volunteered to stand guarding crime scenes for hours on end.

I get in quick and bugger off sharpish when the job is done.

(the Missus agrees with that part too).:P

lmfao, sounds interesting, not sure how to continue your comment of the missus...

ah, herm...

I would start by looking at the EGR valve, check its not blocked and get the bossman to get a dose of EGR cleaner in there, and see what comes from there.

Surely your mechanics would have had a nosey, and fixed it by now? :P

They're checking it today.

I'm day off and getting parking sensors fitted on my own car.

my money is on the EGR, and DPF combo, I recon one or the other is biting you, hopefully by the time you pick it up, it will be sorted for you.

Update -

The Oily Boys have had a thorough look at the wagon and apparently the EGR was filthy.

They've replaced it and gave it a test with no problems showing up.

Time will tell.

Thought as much, as you say, time will tell!

I kinda hope that I was right, I will be very happy indeed lol - might even quit the dayjob!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club