Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seats

sparkymark75

I have a 2007 2.0 TDCi Titanium with half-leather seats. Does anyone know if it's possible to "upgrade" the seats so that they are heated? I read somewhere that it's possible the wiring may already be in place and just needs to be connected up along with the switch(es) and the heating elements.

Another quick question while I'm here. On this page +seat__fromsearch__1#entry9812, it states that as standard for a Titanium, it should have Quickclear heated windscreen, heated jet washers and bodycolour rear spoiler.

Is Quickclear the heating element embedded in the front windscreen similar to the rear window? Or is it just a fancy name for pushing the Max button? I'm not convinced I have heated jet washers as mine still froze when it was cold, how can I check? My car is silver, but has the black plastic looking spoiler, any idea why it wouldn't be silver?

Thanks.

I'm not convinced I have heated jet washers as mine still froze when it was cold, how can I check?

To check you can lift the bonnet up and see if they have cables running to them, see the guide here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/27149-guide-to-fitting-mist-type-jets-on-your-ford/

2007 will be pre facelift those options are facelift models im sure 2004-2007 focus doesnt state quickclear with the heated mirrors and jets which is the climate pack nor does it state body coloured spoiler as youres is black its the prefacelift model

as for the seats with many things ford some cars have the wiring some do not to activate it you would need the elements the switch for the dash but many features need activated via the ecu which is a dealer job if the wiring was there which im not convcinced it would be from what i understand the only cars that came with the loom were those with the heated seats standard titanium did not and had a different loom.

the front screen has tiny wires through it and a button next to the rear screen button to activate it you would see the wires when looking at the screen

2007 will be pre facelift those options are facelift models im sure 2004-2007 focus doesnt state quickclear with the heated mirrors and jets which is the climate pack

Not sure if I understood correctly - those options were not available in pre facelift models? My 2006 Titanium has all those options - heated windscreen, mirrors and jets.

just went from honest john specs and what was listed as standard which was none of the above

To check you can lift the bonnet up and see if they have cables running to them, see the guide here:

http://www.fordowner...s-on-your-ford/

Thanks for that.

2007 will be pre facelift those options are facelift models im sure 2004-2007 focus doesnt state quickclear with the heated mirrors and jets which is the climate pack nor does it state body coloured spoiler as youres is black its the prefacelift model

as for the seats with many things ford some cars have the wiring some do not to activate it you would need the elements the switch for the dash but many features need activated via the ecu which is a dealer job if the wiring was there which im not convcinced it would be from what i understand the only cars that came with the loom were those with the heated seats standard titanium did not and had a different loom.

the front screen has tiny wires through it and a button next to the rear screen button to activate it you would see the wires when looking at the screen

Thanks artscot79. You're just along the road from me (I stay in Kirkcaldy). Looking at the brochure from November 2006 (my car was built January 2007), I should have Quickclear and heated jet washers.

http://www.talkford.com/files/download/35-200611-ford-focus-sales-brochure/

Not sure if I understood correctly - those options were not available in pre facelift models? My 2006 Titanium has all those options - heated windscreen, mirrors and jets.

I see the same things in the brochure. I have the heated mirrors, need to check for the wires for the washers.

Seems the body coloured rear spoiler is only available with the Titanium X option pack (or I'm guessing when individually specified)

I work in kcaldy lol it may be that the previous owner chose not to have them some people dont like the quickclear as the wires are visible and can cause the light from other cars to blind you a bit or the screen broke and was replaced with standard

I work in kcaldy lol it may be that the previous owner chose not to have them some people dont like the quickclear as the wires are visible and can cause the light from other cars to blind you a bit or the screen broke and was replaced with standard

It's more likely to be the former than the latter as there's no switch on the dashboard which I believe is similar to the rear windscreen button.

Unless you have 2 windscreen heater switches you will only have heated rear screen.

The front heated screen and heated washer nozzles was the 'climate pack'.

I have heated mirrors which come on with the rear heated screen but not front heated screen or washers.

Unless you have 2 windscreen heater switches you will only have heated rear screen.

The front heated screen and heated washer nozzles was the 'climate pack'.

I have heated mirrors which come on with the rear heated screen but not front heated screen or washers.

In that case the brochures just misleading as it implies it's standard on the Titanium. My car has the climate control where the passenger and driver can set different temperatures.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club