Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake Cover Replacement

ijustwantafile

Has anyone replaced the handbrake on there focus?

found this on eBay, looks much better than the standard one. but I've no idea how to take current one off, anyone got a guide for it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170613977504?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_1158wt_902

do you take it off or does that slip on? looks to me like it slips on the handbrake

• 2 weeks later...

As far as i'm aware it pulls off but with a fair bit of effort.

I have heard of them being split lenghways with a Stanley style knife and removed that way.

I emailed the seller and he said it wont fit my car cos its a "mark 3", I gave him my reg and told him its the face lift (mark2.5 as far as I'm aware).

Also said there should be a small screw under the handbrake but its not exactly easy to get a look under it never mind a screw driver!

I think they just pull.twist off. May need to remove the surround first. This just unclips, but be careful, and then the gaiter pulls off. There may be something under the gaiter, cant remember offhand.

that will fit both mk2 and 2.5 as far as i can see. Removal of the old one is a pain, especially if its the 'standard' plastic one which might require cutting. Installation of the new aluminum one is simply by a sliding motion

I emailed the seller and he said it wont fit my car cos its a "mark 3", I gave him my reg and told him its the face lift (mark2.5 as far as I'm aware).

Also said there should be a small screw under the handbrake but its not exactly easy to get a look under it never mind a screw driver!

I don't think the seller has a clue about his own stock.

Replacement after-market ones may well have a screw to hold it in place but the standard ones are i believe moulded on at production.

easiest way is to split it and get a replacement from someone who has a clue what does and doesn't fit.

ye had a quick look there and its pretty firmly on. wouldn't go near removing it unless i saw it done or spoke to someone who had done it. don't mind cutting it but want to know where to cut etc so it comes of cleanly with minimal mess and no extra destruction.

Fair one.

i don't think i'd really want to start chopping things off either.

Ok i'll admit it... I got an 8 quid cover on mine! :P It's pretty much a perfect match for the titanium trim though (the cloth bit) sort of "carbony" If i think on i'll post a piccy up... (no cutting of the old handbrake cover either) ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club