Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Difference Between 1.2 60Ps And 82Ps

damocl

Hey all :D

Does anyone know what the actual difference is that makes up the extra 22ps?

Im guessing its gonna include work like different inlet, maybe different head even on it completely and a different/updated ECU?

Cheers

Damo

well the 60PS engine is more economical, emits less CO2 and is 1 tax band lower than the 82PS version, but other than the different ECU mapping there isn't a technical difference AFAIK

yes, i suspect it would be prohibitively costly to make two sets of 1.25L components

I reckon its just an ECU mapping - but - if you do get it remapped to 82bhp, you have to tell the car tax man that it is a higher VED band

yes, i suspect it would be prohibitively costly to make two sets of 1.25L components

I reckon its just an ECU mapping - but - if you do get it remapped to 82bhp, you have to tell the car tax man that it is a higher VED band

Well be incorrect. Reason being most ECU remaps make the car more fuel efficent.. *99% of the time* So a good company may be able to map it to 82 + keep the emissions low

I'm pretty sure the tax is paid on the emissions from when the car was registered. If you were doing an engine swap that's a different matter however.

Also just looked it up. 60ps and 82ps are the same tax code at D catergory.. So it wouldnt matter anyways

I was looking at this :-

From Ford's website:

http://www.config.fo...wyyyfuelspc.htm

60PS - CO2 = 128 g/km

82PS - CO2 = 133 g/km

From Direct.gov website:

http://www.direct.go...cle/DG_10012524

128 g/km CO2 = VED Band D

133 g/km CO2 = VED Band E

B)

but...

I see on the main Ford website they now have them at 127 and 129g respectively.

I humbly, wind my neck back in!!

on the tax man note, I thought if you increase the emissions to a new tax band you have to inform the tax people

I guess I was wrong about that one too. :rolleyes: although since i now realise they arent in different tax bands that seems irrelevant anyway

• 11 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club