Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooled Glove Box

ijustwantafile

My focus has a cooled glove box, has anyone ever actually made us of this? and also how do I turn it off? I take it that it has some sort of AC connected to it..

Only time I've ever used it is to store some raw chicken in it while I was at work and then on a 2hour drive afterwards (didn't want it to go to waste so took it with me!). but I'm sure the chicken would of been fine if I'd of just had it in the boot although it was cold when I took it out.

theres a small round knob inside the glovebox to the right hand side that if you turn will stop it from cooling

had one on my old passat and if im honest i used it during the summer to keep drinks and snacks cool but that was about it.

just dont store any documents in there if you have it switched on

Inside the glove box on the RH side is a small vent, turn the knob to block the vent if you don’t want it cooled.

Its Great for cool cans of coke or pepsi. ohh and the occasional snack, imo

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chillaxed Mars Bars

Jamie :-)

or keeping those condoms cool during the summer months :rolleyes:

ooooh it tingles lol

or keeping those condoms cool during the summer months :rolleyes:

ooooh it tingles lol

rofl... :lol:

on a completely seperate note.... I just made 2012 posts, 29/02/2012! milestoneage :)

rofl... :lol:

on a completely seperate note.... I just made 2012 posts, 29/02/2012! milestoneage :)

You must have too much time on your hands!

I've tried turning that vent knob to close it but it still feels like its on as its just got a cold vent knob.

if you look to the very depths of the glovebox theres a vent if im right you should see that close

Turn the fan to MAX, then you can feel when you have turned the vent off.

Cold Knobs and chilled condoms?

I'm on the wrong forum.

I thought this was The Ford Owners Club not KinkyRus.

:P

Sorry couldn't resist again ;)

Why not????? :unsure:

I know i got this, as said on the right side - not actually experimented with this but expect it maybe connected to the normal car heating - so maybe heats up as well???? (maybe not - as i said not tried it) - Assume the aircon makes its even colder though.

I've removed the glove box - connects straight to the pipe - and the dial in the right is just a spinner with a blanker and a hole - all the spinning does is moves the blanking part over the hole to block it off - doesn't close down as well as say the in car vents etc

There is also a strange venty type thing on the back wall of the glove box - no idea what thats for, nothing to block that - expect its just for airflow and Ventilation

Dont tell the mrs summer will come sweltering heat and she will be sitting in the passenger seat with her feet shoved in the glovebox lol.....

theres a small round knob inside the glovebox to the right hand side that if you turn will stop it from cooling

had one on my old passat and if im honest i used it during the summer to keep drinks and snacks cool but that was about it.

The air coming into the glove box should be dry, be it hot or cold, what is the problem with keeping documents in there?

• 1 month later...

I have the opposite to everyone else, my focus ghia has a chilled glove box but doesn't chill.

With the vent open in the box and the air con on full there is no air being into the glove box.

Any ideas where to start checking?

Pull the glove box out and see if the pipe is connected to the vent.