Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Cleaning

irl-06lx

Did a bit of cleaning today, removed the centre console including handbrake gaitor and gearstick surround and gaitor. Gave all a good wash and hoover underneath the console.

If anyone could enlighten me as to how to remove either the window switch panel or the bit surrounding it between them which I'd love to get out. I got the underpart of the grab handle off and the bolts out but nothing more..

post-28604-0-96262700-1330542909_thumb.j

post-28604-0-68954400-1330542932_thumb.j

post-28604-0-22811200-1330543054_thumb.j

According to Haynes the top of the door handle is integral to the door card.

Underside only comes off for access to the bolts and window switches.

That would be correct.

Good god man look its okay to hand yourself in to the police ...dont you watch c.s.i you cant clean it all away ...they will catch you...cos you must have murdered someone to go to that length of cleaning lol

Either that or youre aim is atrocious lol

Thanks folks

I like taking it all apart as it leaves nothing under cracks or whatever. Taking the centre console out took about 3 minutes and the same to put it back so its far easier.

I got the underside off and got the bolts out and had access to the switch wires.

The top of the door handle seems to be split in two (remember in that photo the bottom is already removed). I'd love to split that part and get in under that gap. There is a bit of give but not enough to make me think its just clipped on.

You dont suffer from OCD by any chance. Mind you my wife accuses me of that because I shake the mats clean every time the car is used.

If i understand correctly where on the handle you mean i'm pretty sure it's just a styling detail and does not seperate further.

theres a good bit of give, I'm pretty sure it does separate in some way. you can see a lot of dirt in the gap when pulled apart 1 or 2 mm (the previous owner was a smoker)

When I went into wilko's a few weeks back they had small screen advertising some product that looked like cotton wool but you pressed it lightly like on the lcd of the radio and the buttons and window buttons and it gets all the dust and everything out, I asked about them and the guy said they sold all of them in 2 days, must be a good produt, just wish I could remember what it was called :rolleyes:

I think you'll find it's where the padding is glued to the unit.

You can try to separate it but i wouldn't.

I'd try to get a toothbrush in there.

I'd try to get a toothbrush in there.

was just about to recommend this. use a bit of water to loosen it up as well.